j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have tix still for the show here which the tour for was postponed until next year.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I have roger waters “the wall” in Dolby Atmos. Sounds fantastic.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I have roger waters “the wall” in Dolby Atmos. Sounds fantastic.
I’ll definitely have to add that one too . His shows are really recorded well . I seen The wall on sale on Amazon the other day I’d better snag it !

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’ll definitely have to add that one too . His shows are really recorded well . I seen The wall on sale on Amazon the other day I’d better snag it !
Yep. You definitely should! It’s very theatrical of course. There’s some personal journey in there too which I didn’t expect. I expect you’ll enjoy it very much.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yep. You definitely should! It’s very theatrical of course. There’s some personal journey in there too which I didn’t expect. I expect you’ll enjoy it very much.
I seen The Floyd back in the late 80’s on there world tour I was very High it was very good lol !
It’s a shame they can’t square this up and do a reunion them boys ain’t getting no younger and that door is all but closed . Roger will be close to me in the spring I’d really like to take it a in .

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I seen The Floyd back in the late 80’s on there world tour I was very High it was very good lol !
It’s a shame they can’t square this up and do a reunion them boys ain’t getting no younger and that door is all but closed . Roger will be close to me in the spring I’d really like to take it a in .
Wow! I’ve seen footage of some of those shows. I can only imagine… very high would just make it that much better! I think a reunion would be cool but I just don’t see it.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Wow! I’ve seen footage of some of those shows. I can only imagine… very high would just make it that much better! I think a reunion would be cool but I just don’t see it.
Never going to happen mason and Roger went to Gilmore late last year and tried to get in going one last time and Gilmore will have nothing to do with it game over .
I’ve got all the Gilmore DVD’s but there pretty much all the same there all good but he’s not the spectacle that Roger puts on . Rodger does create and bring his own baggage to the show lol .

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Never going to happen mason and Roger went to Gilmore late last year and tried to get in going one last time and Gilmore will have nothing to do with it game over .
I’ve got all the Gilmore DVD’s but there pretty much all the same there all good but he’s not the spectacle that Roger puts on . Rodger does create and bring his own baggage to the show lol .
Too many egos in the room.

I do agree. Gilmore is fun, but boring compared to what Roger is doing. The Wall Live in Atmos is fantastic. The visuals would have been insane in person.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Too many egos in the room.

I do agree. Gilmore is fun, but boring compared to what Roger is doing. The Wall Live in Atmos is fantastic. The visuals would have been insane in person.
I’ve got 3 or 4 Gilmore concerts and except for the venue’s there all the same although all very good like you say boring .
Now I’ve only got Rogers concert us and them it’s just way better production and the sound is incredible compared to Gilmore’s DVD’s. But you bet I’ll be getting The Wall now . He’ll be around here in the spring when his tour picks back up I may talk the wife into this one .

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I’ve got 3 or 4 Gilmore concerts and except for the venue’s there all the same although all very good like you say boring .
Now I’ve only got Rogers concert us and them it’s just way better production and the sound is incredible compared to Gilmore’s DVD’s. But you bet I’ll be getting The Wall now . He’ll be around here in the spring when his tour picks back up I may talk the wife into this one .
If you can go, go. I don't know how long some of these older rockers are going to be around, much less touring.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I have the Roger's Wall Blu-ray in Atmos but I haven't played it in ages => since I retuned the Atmos system once we got furniture / area carpets, pictures, etc., into the Games Room after the renovation was complete. That was at least 2 years ago with just a Lazyboy in the room.

I'm more into the sound from these concert disks rather than the spectacle, but maybe this disk will impress me more now that we've got a 75 inch Samsung QN85A QLED TV in there. From a Tunes perspective, I enjoy Gilmore's efforts far more than Walters, and his guitar work is outstanding. My brother was into Floyd far earlier than me, and he too is more of a Gilmore fan than a Waters.

I'm still on the hunt for more Atmos concerts, but until I find them, the up-mixer in the Denon AVR-X4400H works impressively well on some concerts.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis