rockford fosgate 12 inch r1s412 enclosure-please help

S

sonasonaaaa934

Audiophyte
trying to figure out enclosure size reports shows it hits 20 hz in good db levels by many users---

search rockford r1s412 in amazon

i just need 20 hz at good db level subwoofer

i would prefer a enclosure around 70-90 litres but not getting proper results in winisd if tuned to 20 hz or 30 hz

1657096337627.png

1657096359381.png

1657096378534.png

i dont like 70 hz bass boom boom type only 20 hz to 40 hz what can be felt only

specifications-

-----please help me enclosure size and aeroport size length and diameter

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
trying to figure out enclosure size reports shows it hits 20 hz in good db levels by many users---

i would prefer a enclosure around 70-90 litres but not getting proper results in winisd if tuned to 20 hz or 30 hz

View attachment 56753

View attachment 56754

View attachment 56755

specifications-

That is a driver to be used in cars.

This site is for home AV only. I suggest that you verify with a dealer who specializes in car audio.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
thanks

actually many people using in home theater also in amazon good reviews using at home-search rockford r1s412 in amazon

so i was trying to get some help regarding enclosure size
IMO, winisd is providing you with the exact appropriate enclosure size for your driver. The laws of physics are inflexible.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
That is a driver to be used in cars.

This site is for home AV only. I suggest that you verify with a dealer who specializes in car audio.
You haven't heard the bass from a car that's two blocks away? What makes you think this wouldn't work in a home?

highfigh

highfigh

View attachment 56753

View attachment 56754

View attachment 56755

specifications-

Make sure to check the electrical power handling in any enclosure size- it's easy to think that the response is great and then, because it's not right for the driver, to kill it because the port tuning frequency is too high.

You should be able to contact Rockford Fosgate to get help.

S

sonasonaaaa934

Audiophyte
IMO, winisd is providing you with the exact appropriate enclosure size for your driver. The laws of physics are inflexible.
i was trying to get 20hz to 40 hz good db levels in 70-90 litres ported can you help me suggesting enclosure size and port size

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
i was trying to get 20hz to 40 hz good db levels in 70-90 litres ported can you help me suggesting enclosure size and port size
As I already told you, the laws of physics are immuable. You will never get an acceptable output from your Rockford Fosgate in the whole 20 to 40 Hz range, because of its physical characteristics.

You will never get a 20 Hz response from any speaker in a 90 liter box. At this low frequency, you need a lot of air displacement, a bigger box and a driver which can dig that low. You have a lot to learn about the functioning of loudspeakers. I suggest that you verify on the Parts-Express site for a book on loudspeaker building:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

thanks

actually many people using in home theater also in amazon good reviews using at home-search rockford r1s412 in amazon

so i was trying to get some help regarding enclosure size
That is a car driver. Although it has a low Fs, its cone excursion is limited. There is only limited data of the Thiel/Small parameters of that driver and so it can not be modelled. I suspect the the optimal sealed box quoted in the specs is optimal.

Now a sealed box always has a high F3, so Eq, at 12 db per octave has to be applied below F3, and then a high pass filter at xmax. That is a very cheap driver, with a poor motor system giving a very poor xmax. So that driver would not tolerate Eq. So you are essentially stuck with the box size the manufacturer recommends. In car it would probably perform reasonably, due to cab gain. For home HT this would be a very poor choice of driver.

annunaki

annunaki

What others have stated is generally correct. That woofer is not a good HT candidate for low frequencies. The Xmax is much too low for sub 40hz at higher output levels.
Try something like the Dayton RS series, the HF version. Quality motor with much more xmax.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis