Robb elementary shooting in TX

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
let me guess.......Milwaukee has some liberal POS for a DA ?
Noooooooooooooo, ya think? Blames everyone else for the problems, too but the state legislature is probably more to blame and, while that's in Madison which is described as '47 square miles, surrounded by reality', it's not just the Democrats who are ruining our lives. OTOH, MKE hasn't had a Republican elected as Mayor since 1916, so.......

Everyone in government is afraid to say that the problem is with people, not just their hardware of choice. MKE government has done a terrible job of improving the living conditions, education and job opportunities for minorities and the state's tax situation causes many companies to go someplace else. The weather doesn't help, either.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I thought it went something like Democrats believe guns are the problem; Republicans think people are the problem. I'm somewhere in the middle.

It never occurred to me 20 years ago in the Army there might be semi-automatics out there. (The extent of my experience was target practice, the test, throwing a grenade, and carrying one around wherever I went.)

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
WRT a Senator's kid being shot, that's one of the reasons they go to private schools, as well as the (generally) better education and connections made/points on their resume for going to certain elite-level schools.
They're insulated from it and can keep taking influence from the gun lobby. That's the point.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, it matters. Stop using emotion to promote the agenda. Illegal high capacity mags for pistols can kill just as many people- why do people use AR-style weapons as the poster boy for gun control? It's because they look scary and something the military uses. Look at crime stats- lots of people are killed by someone with a .22, .25 (Saturday Night Special), .32 and other small calibers- it only takes one or two well-placed rounds to kill someone- the others just go to the hospital or get mad and return to kill the one(s) who shot them in a revenge shooting.

In either case, it's the fault of the people, not the guns. The fact that too many people don't give a shyte who they sell guns to is another major part of the equation and the majority of gun deaths involve people who know each other to some degree.

This guy was seen on video shaking the hand of someone he killed- he continues to be arrested and then, he's released because he posts bail. Watch the video. The convenience store mentioned (27th & Burleigh) is the same place where the former neighbor I mentioned was shot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday_night_special
High capacity anything.

highfigh

highfigh

They're insulated from it and can keep taking influence from the gun lobby. That's the point.
":...that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth" (Abraham Lincoln) . In the words of Mo Sizlak, "Not no more, they ain't".

And once again, members of Congress SHOULDN'T take money from anyone! We really need to stop that shyte.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

High capacity anything.
What's your definition of 'high capacity' WRT pistols? More than 5? That would be pretty useless in many self-defense scenarios. I don't see a need for 30 or more rounds in one magazine- that's for war, not civilian self defense against civilians. OTOH, if three home invaders show up at a home where the residents have one gun, it needs to be able to handle all of the invaders, especially if errant shots are considered.

IMO, if someone has made so many enemies that they actually need 30 round mags, they have made far too many bad life choices.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
What's your definition of 'high capacity' WRT pistols? More than 5? That would be pretty useless in many self-defense scenarios. I don't see a need for 30 or more rounds in one magazine- that's for war, not civilian self defense against civilians. OTOH, if three home invaders show up at a home where the residents have one gun, it needs to be able to handle all of the invaders, especially if errant shots are considered.

IMO, if someone has made so many enemies that they actually need 30 round mags, they have made far too many bad life choices.
I dunno what that number is. I'd thought if the cops and military don't have it, civilians don't need it.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
An idea to counter some of this political insulation. Strictly limit lobbying and propose that all the politicos, elites, Hollywood, et al, that employ private armed security set an example for the common folk. They could show true leadership and forgo their protection for some of the same reasons they don't want to increase security around the schools and other deemed soft targets. They can hire security but these guys/gals should be highly trained "social workers" instead of ex cops, etc.

highfigh

highfigh

I dunno what that number is. I'd thought if the cops and military don't have it, civilians don't need it.
I have seen that the 'switch' for Glock come from China- the US should be able to do something about that but so far, it seems to be off of their (Congress') radar.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, no I wouldn't see deer so classified, although they are a nuisance for sure ! I'm pretty sure here in Pa the most used weapon to kill deer is ones vehicle and not by choice !
received_986765461990605.jpeg

This is a photo of a varmint in my backyard.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis