RN602 or RN803 and are there any sync issues of sound and video via optical out for the amps

S

sand87

Audioholic
Planning to go for a RN602 or RN803.
Uses:-
1.TV content
2.Airplay

Speakers i have

Polk S20

No sub as of now but will purchase in time.

I have 2 Ques:-
Which among the two is better?
I plan to connect the Optical out of my led to this.Will there be or are there any known sync issues vis a vis sound and video?

J

Joël Mercier

Audiophyte
I use the A-S801 and as far as I can tell, there aren't any noticeable sync issues. I believe the integrated amp version gives better sound for your money too. If you can live without airplay and a radio tuner, you better go for the A-S line.

All my digital sources are connected to my TV and the TV to my amp via optical so I basically use the TV as a hub.

Of course this is just my two cents so take it for what it's worth.

Last edited:
M

MARITIMER

Audiophyte
Hi Sand- i'm late to this forum and you well have already made the purchase. Despite not knowing exactly what your question relates to, I thought I'd chime in regardless.
My brother has been using the RN602 and myself the RN303(its little brother) at our cottages for several years now.
He has his hooked up to 2 only new PSB bookshelf size, wall mounted speakers. They sound great.
Mine is also a 2.0 hookup with very old PSB 40 mk II speakers.
We both also use the receivers to drive Morduant Short AX151speakers on our decks.
Also we both use Yamahas Musicast system to access music stored on hard drives and NAS via wifi.
We are very happy with these receivers.
I'm not sure if this helps you or not.

S

sand87

Audioholic
Hi Sand- i'm late to this forum and you well have already made the purchase. Despite not knowing exactly what your question relates to, I thought I'd chime in regardless.
My brother has been using the RN602 and myself the RN303(its little brother) at our cottages for several years now.
He has his hooked up to 2 only new PSB bookshelf size, wall mounted speakers. They sound great.
Mine is also a 2.0 hookup with very old PSB 40 mk II speakers.
We both also use the receivers to drive Morduant Short AX151speakers on our decks.
Also we both use Yamahas Musicast system to access music stored on hard drives and NAS via wifi.
We are very happy with these receivers.
I'm not sure if this helps you or not.
finally going for a marantz PM6007

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis