RIP Steve Feinstein 1954-2024

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It is with great sadness that I have to inform you of the passing of our dear friend and colleague, Steve Feinstein on 4/19/24. Steve was an industry veteran who brought a unique perspective to Audioholics, unlike any other AV publication. His absence will be sorely felt, both as a friend and as a contributor to our website.

SteveF.jpg

Read: Remembering Steve Feinstein

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I really liked Steve. Most of my reviews were peer-reviewed by Steve going all the way back to my first reviews, and he helped to beat me in shape as a writer with tons of valuable feedback. He was a great writer and tremendously knowledgeable about audio. One of his unique attributes was that he knew a lot about loudspeakers from pretty much every single angle in the business, which is to say he know about the manufacturing side, marketing side, technical side, and product planning side. Many people in the business might have deep knowledge about maybe one or two of those aspects but rarely all of them. He was a great resource if you wanted to know almost anything about the loudspeaker business.

I was really looking forward to seeing his reaction to a pair of speakers that I am reviewing right now, the new Dayton Audio OPAL1s, because they are so much like some of his past favorites from Acoustic Research and KLH in that they trade sensitivity for extension in a small enclosure. Anyone who has read his loudspeaker history articles knows how much he respected that style of loudspeaker design. I think he would have loved the new Dayton speakers. Damn.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
@shadyJ and @gene I'm so sorry for your loss. The entire community lost a wonderful member. My prayers go out to his friends and family

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Very sad to hear. My thoughts are with his friends and family.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis