D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I would rather listen to 7 distorted speakers while playing Pavarotti than whiney ass Rush! Now if they would just get rid of political radio and replace it with MUSIC!!!
It certainly would be more soothing. :)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
RIP, one year later.
Used to listen to him in the 90s in the car while commuting. Amazing to think about how large an audience he had every day on AM radio even.
Putting politics aside, he was a businessman to be admired and probably the best description about his show was this phrase, "bouncing between earnest lecturer and political vaudevillian".

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I would rather listen to 7 distorted speakers while playing Pavarotti than whiney ass Rush! Now if they would just get rid of political radio and replace it with MUSIC!!!
what cracks me up about your post is NO ONE forces you to listen to it and IMO it's no worse than the talking heads in sports radio. As for music, name me one genre not available over the airwaves(Sirius/XM) ? Same thing applies here on the 'Steam Vent', no one is being forced to be involved.

Gilbert, this is not meant as poke at you, rather a general observation I see on a lot of forums where open discussion is allowed. Regardless, I get your point and understand it's 'your opinion', in the end all good !

G

Gilbert Lopez

Junior Audioholic
what cracks me up about your post is NO ONE forces you to listen to it and IMO it's no worse than the talking heads in sports radio. As for music, name me one genre not available over the airwaves(Sirius/XM) ? Same thing applies here on the 'Steam Vent', no one is being forced to be involved.

Gilbert, this is not meant as poke at you, rather a general observation I see on a lot of forums where open discussion is allowed. Regardless, I get your point and understand it's 'your opinion', in the end all good !
I

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
the_great_one___mark_levin_by_nikolai_bartolf_dd8j5zt-fullview.jpg

Levine is "The" example when it comes to rage radio. I tried a few times but had to stop. He surpasses even Sean "The Bully" Hannity on radio. If you want to know why conservative radio has such a bad reputation, start here.

G

Gilbert Lopez

Junior Audioholic

I used to work with a fellow who listened to political radio garbage all the time especially that whiney biased rush. It only took me 5 minutes to figure him out. That's about all the time I ever wasted on the subject. What I never understood about the guy I worked with is that he would complain and get angry as he listened. It would literally ruin his day. It really sucked to be around him. Anyway, back to your reply Mikado463 is what you do is.... you double, triple, and even quadruple all the music genre's and eliminate all the political garbage so the world can be a happier place :). Music is the spirit of the world and never seen anybody's day ruined by it! (unless your listening with 7 busted speakers :eek:).Just my opinion Amigo.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
LOL, life's too short to waste my time !
I can remember Levin yelling and thinking I was in an alternate reality. Then I realized that is how he probably is. Hannity I could withstand 5 minutes. I remember him yelling back to.a caller you big fat dummy! In 2016 he played a two minute clip of Hillary coughing at a podium to show you her health was in question. I thought mmkay buddy that's the final straw. I can go to far but felt that's pretty low. I use to listen to Dennis Prager but came to realize he's an authoritarian who'd like a theocracy. I felt his problem was he interpreted the Bible literally. I'm sure there's something out there with a conservative voice that's decent but unfortunately my experience on natl level is rather disappointing.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I used to work with a fellow who listened to political radio garbage all the time especially that whiney biased rush. It only took me 5 minutes to figure him out. That's about all the time I ever wasted on the subject. What I never understood about the guy I worked with is that he would complain and get angry as he listened. It would literally ruin his day. It really sucked to be around him. Anyway, back to your reply Mikado463 is what you do is.... you double, triple, and even quadruple all the music genre's and eliminate all the political garbage so the world can be a happier place :). Music is the spirit of the world and never seen anybody's day ruined by it! (unless your listening with 7 busted speakers :eek:).Just my opinion Amigo.
7 Busted speakers or, if you're General Noriega, getting blasted with this at high volume by the US Marines...
Oops I did it again.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You bring up Levin after admitting you watch the drivel BTC puts out? Oh man, what color is the sky on your planet?
BTC > Levin because I'm not being yelled at constantly.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
BTC > Levin because I'm not being yelled at constantly.
Fair enough. Yelling as well as nagging are turnoffs. Timbre is important too.
I would listen if Sam Elliot or Leonard Cohen did a podcast. John Oliver makes me run for the hills. Joy Behar's voice would drive a hungry dog off a meat truck.
Further thought, I'd date Lauren Bacall just for her voice alone. The rest is not bad either.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis