JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Favorite record(s) or perhaps favorite song(s) anyone?

Rush- Working Man
Fly by Night- Anthem
Caress of Steel- The Fountain of Lamneth
2112- The Grand Finale (Attention all planets of the solar federation, we have assumed control!, we have assumed control!)
A Farewell to Kings- Cinderella Man
Hemispheres- The Trees
Permanent Waves- Jacobs Ladder
Moving Pictures- Witchhunt
Signals- Losing It
Grace Under Pressure- Distant Early Warning
Powerwindows- Mystic Rythyms
Hold Your Fire- Mission
Presto- The Pass (arguably)
Roll the Bones- Dreamline
Counterparts- Nobody's Hero
Test for Echo- Driven
Vapor Trails- One little Victory
Snakes and Arrows- Workin' Them Angels
Clockwork Angels- ?? Does anyone have a suggestion, im not too familiar with this record.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Oh and for Exit Stage Left- YYZ. In particular the well executed drum solo mid song.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
I might make 1 change on Permanent Waves and add the song Different Strings instead of Jacobs Ladder.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Oh and for Exit Stage Left- YYZ. In particular the well executed drum solo mid song.
I've been watching that concert DVD - I think ByTor is still my favorite! But also The Trees. But also.... the whole thing!

I applaud your efforts to give order to your passions. I don't think I can decide!

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Thank you sir, I appreciate that.
Yes I agree there are so many great songs across all of these records. The ones listed were the ones I remember being partial to as a kid.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I've been watching that concert DVD - I think ByTor is still my favorite! But also The Trees. But also.... the whole thing!

I applaud your efforts to give order to your passions. I don't think I can decide!
R-30 is a great disk too.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Favorite record(s) or perhaps favorite song(s) anyone?

Rush- Working Man
Fly by Night- Anthem
Caress of Steel- The Fountain of Lamneth
2112- The Grand Finale (Attention all planets of the solar federation, we have assumed control!, we have assumed control!)
A Farewell to Kings- Cinderella Man
Hemispheres- The Trees
Permanent Waves- Jacobs Ladder
Moving Pictures- Witchhunt
Signals- Losing It
Grace Under Pressure- Distant Early Warning
Powerwindows- Mystic Rythyms
Hold Your Fire- Mission
Presto- The Pass (arguably)
Roll the Bones- Dreamline
Counterparts- Nobody's Hero
Test for Echo- Driven
Vapor Trails- One little Victory
Snakes and Arrows- Workin' Them Angels
Clockwork Angels- ?? Does anyone have a suggestion, im not too familiar with this record.
Too many to decide.
Gonna pick Tom Sawyer. It was one of the earlier songs I learned to play, that had a section played in 7. Love playing in 7.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Oh
Too many to decide.
Gonna pick Tom Sawyer. It was one of the earlier songs I learned to play, that had a section played in 7. Love playing in 7.
Oh yes.
Might you have a suggestion for Clockwork Angels.
Too many to decide.
Will, you and I were talking about Weckyl yesterday, Dave loves playing in 7/8.
12/8 as well.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the "Trailer Park Boys"... Alex Lifeson has done a few cameos on the show. A couple of the boys from the show got with the band and recorded "Closer To the Heart" in studio and it might be my favorite version of the song.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the "Trailer Park Boys"... Alex Lifeson has done a few cameos on the show. A couple of the boys from the show got with the band and recorded "Closer To the Heart" in studio and it might be my favorite version of the song.

Oh wow I forgot all about that show! Thanks for sharing!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Great live version of "Spirit of Radio".

*Edit: That's the thing with Rush videos, Neil is so good he gets plenty of love from the camera guys. Almost any video you post he has his fair share of time in it.

Last edited:
JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Yea its really the end of a complete era. They were the last greats of the 1970s rock movement. Sad.

JTFVegas

JTFVegas

Audioholic
Great live version of "Spirit of Radio".

*Edit: That's the thing with Rush videos, Neil is so good he gets plenty of love from the camera guys. Almost any video you post he has his fair share of time in it.
What year was that video with Spirit of Radio?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
RIP Neil.... Your influence has been world wide and spread well beyond the Canadian borders. You will be missed very much.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis