RIP: Mira Furlan (Babylon 5 actress - Delenn)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Mira Furlan, the actress behind Danielle Rousseau on Lost and Delenn on Babylon 5, died Wednesday in Los Angeles due to complications with West Nile virus. She was 65.
The Twitter account for Furlan announced the news on Thursday, and her manager, Chris Roe, confirmed the cause of death in a statement to EW.
"It is with great sadness that I confirm the passing of Mira Furlan," Roe said. "She was a woman full of kindness, strength, and compassion. Mira passed away on Wednesday, Jan. 20, following complications from West Nile virus. She died peacefully at her home in Los Angeles, surrounded by her family. We will all continue to celebrate her life and legacy, and know she'll always be here with us."

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
That's so young. Also it's crazy how many Babylon 5 people have passed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wow was the cast jinxed particularly? I have no idea how old that show is either....

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Wow - that's quite a list of good actors and great roles that we've lost! The One Armed Man, Flounder, Bobby Wheeler, Nurse Chapel/Computer/Lwaxana Troi, Takagi, Sarris...

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
The first season is really slow, but the 2nd through 4th seasons are amazing. The 5th season should have never been made IMO.
I agree with this and will add, Babylon 5 in my opinion still remains one of the best SciFi shows ever made. RIP Mira.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis