Right Channels and sub not working

M

MichaelZe

Audiophyte
I have an Onkyo TX-SV646. It is an older model (like 10 years) but I know for a fact that it is in working condition and set up right. all the speaker cables go from my receiver to the sub, then to the speakers. The right speaker, right surround speaker, center speaker, and sub are not playing anything, but the left speaker and left surround speaker are working just fine. In fact, the left channels are playing both right and left channels (i.e. mono?), which befuddles me. Any suggestions?

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
I Have That Problem ..... Again

Yea. That happened to me with a previous Onkyo TX-SR600. For some unknown reason, the front and subwoofer speaker relays were not always clicking on when I needed the channels. That receiver was trouble from day one. Now, I have an Onkyo TX-SR503 and [guess what?] I'm having the same problem with the center and surround channels frequently. Many times I can coax/force them to click on if I switch on and off the surround channels several times repeatedly. But, this is frustrating. Onkyo has been slacking on reliability.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis