Right Angled HDMI Connectors

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
Hi all.

I need to get HDMI cables with one end being right angled.

It is to connect to the back of the AVC (space is tight).

One cable / adapter has to be HDMI 2.1 / 48Gbps (from PS5 to AVC).

Is it better to get adapters and use my existing cables, or buy new cables with one end being right-angled?
Anything I should be aware of?

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
This is what you need,,, dunno where you are but in OZ this is the place to go.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've used the right angle adapters rather than buy different cable altogether...and don't remember seeing the cables with such ends but haven't needed to shop for cables for a while, either. The right angled adapters come swinging to the left or right to best match orientation of your ports....or what I prefer even more is one of the cable savers that is more flexible, like this

Attachments

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I've used the right angle adapters rather than buy different cable altogether...and don't remember seeing the cables with such ends but haven't needed to shop for cables for a while, either. The right angled adapters come swinging to the left or right to best match orientation of your ports....or what I prefer even more is one of the cable savers that is more flexible, like this
Right angle HDMI are out there, but being HDMI, well, ya know.....

I have bought right angle adapters and they worked, so that i a cheap way to get this done but those weren't for 4K (years ago).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Right angle HDMI are out there, but being HDMI, well, ya know.....

I have bought right angle adapters and they worked, so that i a cheap way to get this done but those weren't for 4K (years ago).
At the short lengths involved for an adapter/adapter cable, is 4k/bandwidth an issue? My application is just 1080p but would think with short lengths that's not a particular issue....

BBHT

BBHT

Junior Audioholic
OK. Cool! Thanks for the replies.

I'm in Singapore, and the 2 biggest online e-tailers are Shopee and Lazada.
I did some browsing and here is a link to an 90 degree elbow adapter I found on Shopee.

At $3.42 each, I'll just get 5 and see how I get on. (I am dubious that it really is HDMI 2.1 though....any way to test?)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
At the short lengths involved for an adapter/adapter cable, is 4k/bandwidth an issue? My application is just 1080p but would think with short lengths that's not a particular issue....
Since it adds connection points, I wouldn't discount the possibility that problems will arise.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis