R

ralphy670

Enthusiast
What is the differnce between the 2 and which would you folks recommend?
It is for my component hookup from my Sat and DVD to my AVR. They are only 3 foot long cables.
Thanks for any help.

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
RG6 has considerablyl less signal loss per foot than RG59, but at 3 feet, you'd never tell the difference. RG59, being thinner, should be more flexible.

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
never use rg59, it,s for cable t.v.rg6 is for sat is much thicker better shilded and transfers signals up over 1 ghz.they cost about the same so always use rg6.of course for $20 delivered you can get monster quad shield 12ft.that,s 2 aluminum and 2 braid shields. always try to get 95% braid the less the more likey hood of emi interferance.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
ralphy670 said:
What is the differnce between the 2 and which would you folks recommend?
It is for my component hookup from my Sat and DVD to my AVR. They are only 3 foot long cables.
Thanks for any help.

As geno indicated. You don't have to worry about the bandwidth in component video applications.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Component Video cable

You might consider buying a couple of the component video cables from monoprice which include RG-6 coax for <$10 for 3ft. I was origionally considering DIY A/V cables, but at their prices, it would cost more to buy the connector ends, let alone the crimping tools, cable, and labor. I was impressed with the quality of the audio cables I ordered.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis