Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So here I have measurements for a single Mirage BPS-400 & Mirage OM-200. I know one is ported and one is sealed but I gifted these two subs to my father after recently “refurbing” the BPS. The green run is Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 on a Marantz SR6011 limited to 300hz. The red run is after a slight adjustment to the distance in the AVR and the two purplish runs are after additional distance adjustment. I’m sure I can do better, but the BPS is 110lbs and not very easy to lug around, however I’m blown away by how much of a difference there is at the dip at 100hz-ish made by adjusting the time delay! I’m still very much a novice in home theater tweaking and over the last few years have really tried to grasp the more advanced stuff.
CA95D127-20C8-4717-9704-44223EFFBC3D.jpeg

Last edited:
P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
So here I have measurements for a single Mirage BPS-400 & Mirage OM-200. I know one is ported and one is sealed but I gifted these two subs to my father after recently “refurbing” the BPS. The green run is Audyssey Multi EQ XT32 on a Marantz SR6011 limited to 300hz. The red run is after a slight adjustment to the distance in the AVR and the two purplish runs are after additional distance adjustment. I’m sure I can do better, but the BPS is 110lbs and not very easy to lug around, however I’m blown away by how much of a difference there is at the dip at 100hz-ish made by adjusting the time delay! I’m still very much a novice in home theater tweaking and over the last few years have really tried to grasp the more advanced stuff. View attachment 43462
I have seen such kind of posts before and I would say the same thing I said before, that if you are getting such big difference by adjusting the time delay afterwards, then it is indicative of the need to re-run Audyssey and this time follow instructions to the letter. That includes the settings at the sub, such as bypass all local the local crossover, or if not possible, setting it to maximum, set phase to 0 etc.

There will always be some different, better or worse by fine tuning the time delay manually after, but it should be not that much and in my experience it is better to clearly mark the setting before any manual adjustments so that you can always go back to it if things start to head south. Also, such adjustments should be made a little at a time, and try both direction and only keep going (again, just a slight increment each time) in the same direction once you know for sure you are gaining ground.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I have seen such kind of posts before and I would say the same thing I said before, that if you are getting such big difference by adjusting the time delay afterwards, then it is indicative of the need to re-run Audyssey and this time follow instructions to the letter. That includes the settings at the sub, such as bypass all local the local crossover, or if not possible, setting it to maximum, set phase to 0 etc.

There will always be some different, better or worse by fine tuning the time delay manually after, but it should be not that much and in my experience it is better to clearly mark the setting before any manual adjustments so that you can always go back to it if things start to head south. Also, such adjustments should be made a little at a time, and try both direction and only keep going (again, just a slight increment each time) in the same direction once you know for sure you are gaining ground.
T

Thanks PENG! Your expertise are always greatly appreciated.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis