REW sub measurement oddity (newb) [RESOLVED]

C

ck_42

Audiophyte
Just got an SVS SB-1000 Pro and am trying to get measurements and make tweaks to my DDRC-24.
The frequency response though is very odd. Looking at the image below, the red plot is for my L+R speakers (HP Xover at 80Hz on the DDRC-24) and has the sub output MUTED...so the red line is ONLY the L+R.

The green line though is the opposite. L+R MUTED and only looking at the sub (LP Xover at 80HZ and DiracLive is Off) Levels are checked before measurement. Measured 20Hz-100Hz. UMIK-1 is at ear height and pointing at center of L+R speakers and output is set to "L+R" and Input is set to "L". Sub is using the LFE input with no tweaks (default). I even tried bypassing the SubOut Xover, just in case it might be doing something wrong. No difference.
The room is 13x15 and untreated. I've tried placing the sub in a few different spots w/o much difference.

Am I not doing something right in REW???

L-R-Sub.png

Attachments

Last edited:
C

ck_42

Audiophyte
Apparently, I had the "Enable Audio Enhancements" checkbox checked in Windows. Disabled that and things immediately look much more like what I have been expecting!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis