REW minidsp hd help needed.

M

Mike751

Audiophyte
I don't have everything set up to test right now, but I have an ultimax 15 in a denovo audio 3 cf. sealed box (3 pounds of stuffing). When running REW measurements, there's a big drop in the frequency response below about 28hz. When I select "match target response", everything levels out smoothly above the 28hz but it doesn't bring anything up, below that. I know REW does better with pulling the levels down, but doesn't do well with lifting up the levels. If I run the measurement after importing the settings to the minidsphd, the graph isn't smoothed out. Should it be?
Also, when I import the settings to the minidsphd, the graph doesn't look smooth within the minidsphd application. Should that be also?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-UM15-22-15-Ultimax-DVC-Subwoofer-2-ohms-Per-Co-295-514?gclid=Cj0KCQiAq7COBhC2ARIsANsPATGUdfhXlYKqb05-8vUgJesmQ2W73hLlCbfC1ywSYtU6kUqOiDChBIYaAqcLEALw_wcB

This driver? I know there's a few Ultimax variants....

According to the specs at the bottom, the roll off seems to be correct. However, you should be able to apply filters thru miniDSP to boost 20 hz - 30 hz as the driver can certainly handle it.

The graphs on miniDSP are a representation of what your filters are doing to the signal - they are not a realtime graph of what is being measured in your room.

Where are you measuring from? Bass performance can change seat to seat across a couch - the room is firmly in control so location of the sub and or couch can be an issue as well.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis