J

JMB

Audioholic Intern
Hello

So I decided today to use my lunch break to start to play with REW and Umik 1 and of course I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate some help with. I am measuring a ULS-15mk2 set to EQ1 connected to a Yamaha RX-V479. The RX-V479 has basic one position YPAO. I turned that off for the measurements.

The attached picture has the the subwoofer measurements in the only three places the subwoofer can be placed.

I am wondering which one would you consider the best (or least worst :)) of the three?

Also, am I doing something wrong as I don't seem to get any output above 100hz? I set the crossover on the subwoofer to maximum and set the crossover on the receiver to 200Hz. In the REW Measurement screen, I set the parameters to 15-200hz and 256k length. I am using the ASIO4All driver and set the output channel to 1.1.4 to test the subwoofer. I figure this might not matter because in a real world scenario the crossovers would be set to 100 or below.

If I were to average two of the responses in REW, would that be a good represenation of what two subwoofers in those locations would do, or is that not how it works?

Thank you for any assitance you can provide. I apologize if I didn't provide the correct information, but please just let me know and I'll try...

Thanks

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis