REW & Asio4all - problems sending test tone to correct speaker channels

7sevenz

Audiophyte
Hi friends,

Really desperate and need some help for this. I've been trying to fix this for past 3 weeks but no avail.

I'm on a 5.2 HT setup with the Denon 4520 AVR. All 5 speaker channels are powered by an external Rotel power amp through the pre-outs.

I've been using REW and ASIO4ALL on my laptop without any issues earlier this year to measure the FR for sub and speakers. But recently when i try to use ASIO4ALL (thru REW) to select individual speaker channels to measure the FR, the sound signal doesnt get to the correct speaker channel on some channels.

Problem statement: when i select the speaker channel CC (#3), it gives me a test tone from both the FL and FR speaker. When i select the surrounds SL or SR, the test tone comes out from the front speakers. However, there is no issue faced when i select the following channels on ASIO4ALL - sub (4), FR (2), FL (1).

Default channel matrix for ASIO4ALL:
1: FL
2: FR
3: CC
4: Sub
5: SL
6: SR
7: FL Height
8: FR Height

Workarounds I have tried:
- Reinstall the newest and old version of REW & ASIO4ALL. Result is still the same.
- Change speaker config on my AVR - tried 5.1 and also pre-out mode, result is still the same.

Hope someone can help me on this as this is driving me crazy.... :( Thanks!

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Blu-RayDisc+50GB

Junior Audioholic
Hmm... Are all speaker cables connected in the right place on the AVR?

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
One thing I would try is to make factory reset on your receiver if you haven't figured the problem out yet.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you post your issue at the hometheatershack's REW forum you will likely get quicker help. To me if the AVR is the problem you will be experiencing the same problem with movies and music and don't involve your laptop. So it seems to me the root cause is somewhere in your laptop and/or the REW settings.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis