Rew and dayton audio umm-6

P

photographer86

Audioholic
So i have received my umm-6 dayton mic. Having fun with it so far. I noticed when calibrating to 75db like Gene did in the REW video he had posted on youtube that 0db volume on my marantz sr5012 is reading 70db with using REW spl meter with REW spl meter set to C weighting and Slow. I have downloaded the calibration file per my SN# of mic from Dayton. Do you think that my marantz is just 5db quiter? Or The day mic is + or - 5db reading wrong? Just curious what people think. 6db on the marantz is showing 75db on SPL meter. Should i just calibrate still at reference level 0db or should I do it at the 6db as reference. Remember I am talking +6 on volume scale, reference scale. not trims of +6db. -79 to +16 db reference scale. Thanks all.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
What exactly are you calibrating for? REW for the purpose of taking measurements, or level-matching your speakers?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited:
P

photographer86

Audioholic
Calibrating for speaker level matching! Not measuring the room yet. Need to learn the program a bit more before I start that lol.

P

photographer86

Audioholic
And thanks guys i have figured it out with the links and such. I didn’t know where to start. Off and going now!

P

photographer86

Audioholic
Turned out great!!!!! Still making some adjustments cause i decided to change my man cave around a bit and add some speakers!! Lol.

P

photographer86

Audioholic
Sorry been so busy with work and life. it's at the best I can do. Have 4 subs now and it's amazing that the bass even's out so much. Also the bass sounds like it's the jbl s26's I have playing. Can not localize the subs.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis