P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Over my head :) I've just seen it compared to class G several times....
You, and others, could well be right too. As I said, magnetic field PS is definitely not class G, but it is possible that the TFM amplifiers use the Bob Carver patented magnetic field PS in conjunction with class G though that would seem unnecessary, but the guy is a genius so who knows..

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
I have enjoyed everybody input, I didn't, really know what would compare to replacing it without really stupid money , it really is a very good sounding amp. and I kind of wanted to preserve a little bit of history, thanks .

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have enjoyed everybody input, I didn't, really know what would compare to replacing it without really stupid money , it really is a very good sounding amp. and I kind of wanted to preserve a little bit of history, thanks .
FWIW I literally took my Carvers out and inserted the Crown XLS (1500s) in the same setup several years back and didn't miss a beat, as in couldn't tell the difference.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
FWIW I literally took my Carvers out and inserted the Crown XLS (1500s) in the same setup several years back and didn't miss a beat, as in couldn't tell the difference.
Bob Carver claimed he could make his amps sound like another amp, so if he made yours transparent, then it should be transparent, I assume..

V

viseral audio

Audioholic
tell me its not so that a class D amp sounds as good as a carver! thanks

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis