Revisited: Terminator 2 - Ultimate Ed.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
A buddy of mine has never seen T2 ***hold the phone!!! don't spill the coffee!! It's true...*** and so he came to my place with his wife and kids (they've seen it). I've had this DVD since it came out in 2000. I didn't own a surround system then and so I never experienced the aural tour de force of Cameron's masterpiece. I dusted it out of an old box of DVDs shut since 2002.

As the 1st ever DVD released with DTS ES, I wasn't expecting much. But WOW! The soundstage is expansive and I've heard little things I've never heard in T2 before. Little moments such as the Police breathing through the gas mask lets you in on the action. Super cool!! It also uses surrounds so well, creating an environment around you. You can hear and feel the shockwaves of low bass fq coming towards you during explosions and the nuclear holocaust scenes. Nice!

Needless to say, my friend was blown away (literally by my DPS12). He loved the film and commented that it "felt like watching a movie in a theater." That is very cool to hear. :cool:

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
A modern classic in its own right, even if Ah-nulds one liners were better in part 1 ("Laundry day, nothing clean, right.")

People often forget about the Suround-Sound spectacular that is 10+ year old blockbusters (see also: Akira, The Abysss, Jurassic Park 1, etc etc etc). 'Modern' blockbusters and DVDs tend to have alot more bass, but the overall sound isn't as good as it used to be IMHO.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That isn't the first DVD released with DTS-ES, The Haunting was. However, T2 still sounds amazing regardless. I used to work 1 block from the building where they shot the lab shootout/explosion sequence. My friends actually worked IN that building :D

The Abyss ROCKS. I rewatched that a few years ago and just like Blue, I didn't remember that one sounding so darn good.

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
j_garcia said:
That isn't the first DVD released with DTS-ES, The Haunting was.
Well hell! You're right! I remember someone telling me T2 was the 1st, so I guess it stuck with me. The Haunting huh? Wow that movie sucked donkey b@lls! :eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bluesmoke said:
Well hell! You're right! I remember someone telling me T2 was the 1st, so I guess it stuck with me. The Haunting huh? Wow that movie sucked donkey b@lls! :eek:
LOL, yeah, it wasn't exactly a good movie, but the SOUND was great :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
LOL, yeah, it wasn't exactly a good movie, but the SOUND was great :D
And thats all that matters around here.

Who cares if the artist is a sellout whore with no talent, they have awesome recordings!:rolleyes:

SheepStar

warhummer

warhummer

Junior Audioholic
Terminator 2 keycode

Has anyone heard how to unlock the alternate ending for the movie? I think there was a date (when "the war" supposedly started) that you can punch in with the remote to access it. Maybe I'm smoking crack but I remember hearing something about way back when the DVD was released.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Bought T2 ultimate back in December, but have'nt watched it yet. I did,nt realize the ultimate version was that much better than the original...I just like the movie and effects. I will have to give a view soon.

howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I used to have that code someplace. I think they call them easter eggs there is website someplace....let me see...Select Go To Special Edition, make sure Play Special Edition is highlighted (red) and ...
Type on the remote (not to fast): 82997
as you type the words: The Future Is Not Set appear in yellow on the right hand site, where the symbols where.
Then select Play Extended Special Edition.
you can find many more here some are only little things like new songs or extra commentary but some are better.

http://www.eeggs.com/tree/1360.html

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
howie85 said:
Type on the remote (not to fast): 82997
as you type the words: The Future Is Not Set appear in yellow on the right hand site, where the symbols where.
Then select Play Extended Special Edition.
you can find many more here some are only little things like new songs or extra commentary but some are better.

http://www.eeggs.com/tree/1360.html
the code is the date that the "war" with machines is supposed to start. August 29, 1997 (82997). In case you ever forget it, just check a scene were she talks about bombs dropping on the day.

Don't forget, only enter one number at a time and wait for the word to appear on the right.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis