Review of Pass labs Intergated 60

D

dwest1023

Audiophyte
As it is, I have to 'make' myself turn it off and go to bed. 20 hr marathons are frequent. I don't sit looking straight ahead though.

I've been at this for 40 years. In spite of being surrounded by friends with deep pocketed audio habits, I have managed in that time to compete and often exceed their to-do's on a lot less money.

Speaking of that magic mid range, expensive tube amps or what not, there is another direction and that would be, full range driver speakers. Same result but without the hefty price tag. I think it is the best idea yet with regard to the sat/sub trend.
I would think bookshelf speaker with sub is cheaper than going with full range speakers. At least in my situation if would cost more to go with full range and get the same sound I have with my 2.1 system. I had NHT 3.3’s which sold for around 4K and I got 2 mono block amps to drive the woofers and that system driven with krell would not to go as low as what I have now. My bowers and Wilkins sub ran me 2500, and my NHT C1 ran about 600.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I would think bookshelf speaker with sub is cheaper than going with full range speakers. At least in my situation if would cost more to go with full range and get the same sound I have with my 2.1 system. I had NHT 3.3’s which sold for around 4K and I got 2 mono block amps to drive the woofers and that system driven with krell would not to go as low as what I have now. My bowers and Wilkins sub ran me 2500, and my NHT C1 ran about 600.
Full range "driver" speakers. A speaker that is made from one or more, wide range driver/s instead of a typical woofer/tweeter arrangement. Often times, little or no filter/crossover in the path.

I should be more skeptical of this for sure, but it's downright pleasing to listen to and I cannot make them fail. These, the two new, 12" subs and the AVR, I am under $500. This ends up being a tough little system to best.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis