B

bsf

Audioholic
Do you have any recommendation on an AVR for the studio 2?
i need to update that since I'm going to be using my yamaha RX a-2040 for my HT system and need something for my 2 channel setup (music)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
You've got two nice subs and two nice pairs of speakers.
Listen and compare before you buy anything else.
Try swapping the speakers in the two rooms and same with the subs.

Don't buy more gear until you have determined what you think of the gear that you have.

My Rythmik is more tight/musical than my JL Audio E112, and I suspect the same is true for your Fathom. But you might not like the sound I do.

Last edited:
B

bsf

Audioholic
The better stuff will be my music room.. HT is not as important to me in terms of sound quality
I'm probably 70% music 30% HT

yeah I'm not sure yet... for the price the Rythmik is a great sub.... i thought about getting 2 FV15 for my HT instead the JL too... which would have been better cost wise = ]

i would be interesting to compare 2 FV15 to the JL sub

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
i would be interesting to compare 2 FV15 to the JL sub
I'm saying that with music I think one F15 will beat the JL for music.
That is assuming that the F15 is not being pushed beyond it's output capacity (which depends a lot on the room).
If your experience is like mine, The JL will sound richer and fuller, but the Rythmik will be more articulate and clearer. Also, with the E112, I experience things seeming to lose control when it is pushed hard in the 20's (Hz).
I think the JL will do better for the explosions and dinosaur stomps of HT.

But, regardless, you have some good gear, take the time to listen and compare with different types of music. If you like the mid-range or high-frequency character of the Salons more than the MA's we can probably direct you to a better option for your main speakers and you can use the MA's for your rears.

f you plan to have two subs, I would recommend a Denon AVR-X4000 for the HT and teh Yamaha for your 2.1.

B

bsf

Audioholic
oh I'm surprised you suggest my rx a 2040 for my 2 channel setup which would power my revel studio and whatever sub i decide for that setup... probably the rhythmic

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I bet the RX-A2040 preamp section is of higher quality than the Denon AVR-X4000. I would have hard time putting the JL Audio f212 in the HT though. I think the 2 channel music system deserve the better sub. I heard JL subs but not the Rythmiks so if the F15 is actually better, then okay. I just find it hard to believe that is the case.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis