Revel Concerta 2 speakers or Kef Q series (updated) for new Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 system??

B

bmb0429

Audiophyte
Looking to purchase Kef Q series speakers or Revel Concerta 2 series speakers for a 5.1.4 Dolby Atmos system. This will consist of 4 tower speakers, a center channel and 4 ceiling speakers. I have listened to the Kef Q series and was impressed. My only reservation was the quality of the speaker enclosures. I know this won't effect the sound and is mainly cosmetic. Unfortunately, I have not been able to hear the Revel Concerta Series as there are no Revel dealers near me. I know from doing my research that the Revel Concerta 2 series has very high reviews from multiple credible sources. The only downfall I have heard is that they have a lot of treble and are thready. I am going to mainly watch movies but use the system occasionaly for music. Any advice appreciated.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Nothing?

Maybe they think this thread is the same as the other one you started.

Maybe if I write something it might attract some answers for you. :D

I think both brands will sound very good.

Accurate speakers (frequency response +/- 3dB or less) will sound good.

Because their responses are +/-3dB or less, accurate speakers don’t have problems with too much treble unless your room acoustic is bad or your setup is not optimal (some EQ not producing good results).

Accurate speakers are like KEF, Revel, RBH, PSB, Monitor Audio, Focal, Dynaudio.

If you are afraid of “too much treble”, stay away from speakers that tend to have spikes or humps of +4dB to +7dB around 8-12kHz. These are not considered accurate because their responses are not +/-3dB or less.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you able to audition any other brands? Go to their websites and use their dealer locator.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis