Revel C208 center speaker: withdrawn

bombadil

bombadil

Junior Audioholic
Got the runaround from Audiolab and cancelled order for a 426be, I'll be keeping the C208 for the near future.

Last edited:
B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
Got the runaround from Audiolab and cancelled order for a 426be, I'll be keeping the C208 for the near future.
Have you had any issues with th c208? I saw a review on Crutchfield where some guy said he melted the tweeter in the M106 bookshelf. He also stated that if you like to play it loud, go for some other brand. Well his post is the only negative one I came across when it comes to Revel. I’m guessing they have the same tweeters. Anyway I’m interested in getting the Revel Performa3 series set (208’s). For a while I was convinced that I was (maybe still) going all in on the JBL HDI 3800’s series set, but have concerns about the center channel. It seems the center channel may have a narrow seating area for vocals to where I’m may have a WTF moment watching movies in my kinda small room.

bombadil

bombadil

Junior Audioholic
Have you had any issues with th c208? I saw a review on Crutchfield where some guy said he melted the tweeter in the M106 bookshelf. He also stated that if you like to play it loud, go for some other brand. Well his post is the only negative one I came across when it comes to Revel. I’m guessing they have the same tweeters. Anyway I’m interested in getting the Revel Performa3 series set (208’s). For a while I was convinced that I was (maybe still) going all in on the JBL HDI 3800’s series set, but have concerns about the center channel. It seems the center channel may have a narrow seating area for vocals to where I’m may have a WTF moment watching movies in my kinda small room.
sorry for the delay. NO, the 208 is superb. It was recently tested by Amir at ASR, check it out. I was impressed by the 426 review and it has turned out to be excellent as well. If you can find a 208 used it's a great deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis