Returning my SR6015 and just ordered the Emo

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
...I almost bought an Onkyo...
You almost broke the 3rd rule! :eek:

Never buy products from a small company that has been in the news almost every year for BANKRUPTCY! :D

And while we're at it, I might as well tell you the 4th rule = Never Buy Anything Until We Approve it First! :D

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

Never buy products from a small company that has been in the news almost every year for BANKRUPTCY! :D

And while we're at it, I might as well tell you the 4th rule = Never Buy Anything Until We Approve it First! :D
Lol, "You almost broke the 3th rule" lmao! Nice one Andrew! and then you followed up with this one,. 4th rule thing. Very nice bro!
I vote winner of, AH award goes to @AcuDefTechGuy Post of the Month! Award: gets a guess spot on @gene YouTube channel. Subject topic will be determined by Gene. ;):)
Maybe, Gene can do a article,. Buying before you check first with Audioholics. Consequences of not checking first with Gene and AH members first. Umm article can go something like this,.. How to avoid buyers remorse.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Cost. The store near me has a 6700h for $2500. I’m all setup for 7.4.6 as is so I would like to continue using it, really in terms of Denon my only options are the 6700h or 8500h and at this point with all the recent purchases the 8500 will be stretching myself too thin.
So bro, which AVR ya gonna get? That Denon 6700H is a bad a$$ AVR. Lot's of Denon owners on AH, they love'em. If I had the coin, I'd like to test run Rotel 1580, but it's umm only 7 channels if I remember right. But it's a beast, built like a amp, with a processor inside with no tuner for FM/AM. I really love the front display on that unit. Post up when you get your AVR or Pre-Pro.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So bro, which AVR ya gonna get? That Denon 6700H is a bad a$$ AVR. Lot's of Denon owners on AH, they love'em. If I had the coin, I'd like to test run Rotel 1580, but it's umm only 7 channels if I remember right. But it's a beast, built like a amp, with a processor inside with no tuner for FM/AM. I really love the front display on that unit. Post up when you get your AVR or Pre-Pro.
So I’m getting a 6700h as soon as they’re in stock.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dude... bummed to catch up on the troubles. I hope you can get the Denon sooner than later!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

The problem with the 4rth rule is you guys are sure great at getting me to spend that money :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The problem with the 4rth rule is you guys are sure great at getting me to spend that money :D
I actually tell people to spend Less because I spend less. But they end up spending More because they don’t exactly agree with me. :D

For example, I have a friend who wants some ATI amps for his Marantz AV8805A and RBH
. I told him to get the ATI AT1825 for his 5 x SV831, AT1824 for his 4 x SI-615 ceiling Atmos, and AT1824 for his 4 x SV1212NR. But what does he want? AT527NC (because he wants 2 more SV831) + AT524NC + (AT544NC x 2 because he also wants to bi-amp his 4 x SV1212NR).

So I recommended Atmos 5.4.4, but he wants 7.4.4.

I recommend not to bi-amp his 4 x SV1212NR, but he wants to bi-amp.

I recommend all AT1820 amps, but he wants AT520 and AT540 amps

A lot of guys want MORE and MORE just because they CAN. :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I actually tell people to spend Less because I spend less. But they end up spending More because they don’t exactly agree with me. :D

For example, I have a friend who wants some ATI amps for his Marantz AV8805A and RBH
. I told him to get the ATI AT1825 for his 5 x SV831, AT1824 for his 4 x SI-615 ceiling Atmos, and AT1824 for his 4 x SV1212NR. But what does he want? AT527NC (because he wants 2 more SV831) + AT524NC + (AT544NC x 2 because he also wants to bi-amp his 4 x SV1212NR).

So I recommended Atmos 5.4.4, but he wants 7.4.4.

I recommend not to bi-amp his 4 x SV1212NR, but he wants to bi-amp.

I recommend all AT1820 amps, but he wants AT520 and AT540 amps

A lot of guys want MORE and MORE just because they CAN. :D
My local pawn shop has an ATI 1505 for 625. Have considered it a couple times. It’s been there awhile so was thinking 500 would be more appt.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
My local pawn shop has an ATI 1505 for 625. Have considered it a couple times. It’s been there awhile so was thinking 500 would be more appt.
For that price you may be better off buying the Outlaw 5000 brand new for $768 because they are offering $200 off now.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
For that price you may be better off buying the Outlaw 5000 brand new because they are offering $200 off now.
Only because that ATI amp is over 20 years old? :D

In general, I wouldn’t buy anything that old either. Might as well get a new amp or at least something only a few years old.

I have a friend who bought a few old Sunfire amps. I advised against it because I don’t like 20YR old amps from any brands. Now he’s regretting it because one by one, his old Sunfire amps are breaking and he is now without amps - has to “resort” to using his old AVR - heavens forbid. :D

So now he is getting brand new amps (ATI).

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Only because that ATI amp is over 20 years old? :D

In general, I wouldn’t buy anything that old either. Might as well get a new amp or at least something only a few years old.

I have a friend who bought a few old Sunfire amps. I advised against it because I don’t like 20YR old amps from any brands. Now he’s regretting it because one by one, his old Sunfire amps are breaking and he is now without amps - has to “resort” to using his old AVR - heavens forbid. :D

So now he is getting brand new amps (ATI).
Obviously for brand new, or if still under warranty, ATI amps will be the better choice.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Thank you, I was too quick. I thought it was too good to be true.:)
In all, it’s not so bad if you are going all in with Outlaw and want that specific processor (7706).
My thought is they have overstock on the Processor and Amps.
Hopefully this is an early sign of possible Marantz releases later this year. ;)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
In all, it’s not so bad if you are going all in with Outlaw and want that specific processor (7706).
My thought is they have overstock on the Processor and Amps.
Hopefully this is an early sign of possible Marantz releases later this year. ;)
I think you are right, they will likely release the AV7707 and AV8806 (or 07, 08?) because unless they decided to ignore measurements by Audioholics and Audiosciencereview who have lots of followers, it doesn't make sense for them to continue with the AV7705, 7706 competing with the Denon, and now Onkyo AVRs that have better measurements than those Marantz AVPs. The only exception is the SR8015, that is fine for another 1 to 2 years.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think you are right, they will likely release the AV7707 and AV8806 (or 07, 08?) because unless they decided to ignore measurements by Audioholics and Audiosciencereview who have lots of followers, it doesn't make sense for them to continue with the AV7705, 7706 competing with the Denon, and now Onkyo AVRs that have better measurements than those Marantz AVPs. The only exception is the SR8015, that is fine for another 1 to 2 years.
Agreed.
They would be doing themselves a further disservice by not getting HDMI 2.1 fully operational. The "fix" works for now, but I would NOT invest in and 8805 or 7706 at this point. Or even the 8015.
Yamaha has their HDMI unlocked for the most part. The Anthem AVM90 seems to be working. Likewise, I haven't seen flames from the SDP-58 angle...
Denon and Marantz need to get their fully operational devices to market THIS YEAR.

;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis