Required 5.1 home theater Speaker with good Sub-woofer for Yamaha HTR-3067 receiver

A

Atul

Enthusiast
Can anybody please suggest good 5.1 home theater Speaker with good Sub-woofer for my newly bought Yamaha HTR-3067 receiver?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, but they could cost several thousand dollars.

Now, if you want a serious answer, state your location, a budget and approximate room dimensions.

A

Atul

Enthusiast
Markw,

Thanks for the reply. We stay in India. Our budget is around 500 USD. Approximate room dimensions are around 10 x 12 feet

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
What is that, about 33,600 INR? That's very difficult. Since you asked in US dollars, are you planning to order within the U.S.? Or are you ordering in India? Shipping is a big factor.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know what the exchange rate is or what's available there but I can say this. With $500 USD you aren't going to get too much. A "good" sub alone starts around $300 and up.

When you figure in five speakers and a subwoofer, anything you find will be meager at best.

What brands are available to you there?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
In that budget, I would just get a decent left and right front speaker. I wouldn't worry about subwoofer, center, or surround speakers.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
In that budget, I would just get a decent left and right front speaker. I wouldn't worry about subwoofer, center, or surround speakers.
Well, if he is currently living in and ordering in the US, I'd say Affordable Accuracy LCR, Fluance AVBP2 surrounds, and a Monoprice 9723 subwoofer would be a pretty decent start within OP's budget. I wonder if he could even get a pair of AA monitors shipped to India for that though.

A

Atul

Enthusiast
Hi rojo,
yes that will be around 33,600 INR. I will buy from India only. But, just for ur convenience I mentioned in dollar by converting.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis