Replacement of Elemental Designs Amplifier

M

myke

Junior Audioholic
I have the ED A2-300 with the LT-200 amp that burned out. The amp dimension is 8 1/4 inches square. Anyone replace one of these amps? What did you replace it with?

Id prefer not to toss the driver and enclosure. If there is no direct amp replacement what should I do with the driver and enclosure? Any advice you can provide would be great.

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
cover the amp cutout with something and install a binding post on that cover. use a pro amp.

M

myke

Junior Audioholic
cover the amp cutout with something and install a binding post on that cover. use a pro amp.
Do you have a recommendation on a pro amp that is decent that might not cost a lot?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
someone here can recommend specific links, but Crown amps within your budget are regularly recommended for this purpose. (these cost 200-300 bucks)

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Crown XLS 1500 is more than enough. If they have a 1000 maybe go with it. I had issues with my amp on my ED and had it replaced when ED was around. I also had a VC go out on another A2-300 so I would not over invest in the unit. Maybe consider get the cheapest plate amp you can find at 200 watts from Parts Express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis