Replace iPhone with Raspberry Pi

mRoy62

mRoy62

Audiophyte
I recently purchased a Schiit Modi 3 DAC - which I love. My source is streamed music (Pandora and Spotify Premium (edit)) from an iPhone 6. I use a 1987 Rotel RE 820 AX integrated amp connected to EV s-40 speakers. Do you think getting a dedicated streamer would offer any noticeable improvement in sound? In particular, I'm interested in using a Raspberry Pi with an Audio HAT. Would this provide any improvement? I'm only 2 days into doing research on this so any info and education would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What is Spotify Pro? Might consider something simple like an Audio Chromecast (still available on ebay). It's the access to the stream IMO, not the particular device you play it thru. In the case of my spotify, the stream is from spotify rather than my phone.....not sure about Pandora, usually just use that via apps built into devices (avr, bluray players, etc).

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
It's tough to say if you would really hear an improvement, and I am not familiar with the Schiit.

But, I do have an RPi streamer which is an excellent device for quality streaming!

I use a KALI Power supply and reclocker, and the Piano 2.1 DAC. As good as anything else on the market.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis