P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I have a Yamaha DVD-C900 player. This player does not support switching it on or into standby mode via the remote, you have to get up and hit the power switch on the front panel. Had I known this before buying the unit, I would not have bought it. None of the reviews on it had mentioned it either. To make it worse it takes about 10 seconds for the player to power up before it will open the tray.

My workaround is to plug it into the switched AC outlet on my receiver, but that's only half a solution.

Now their current DVD-C920 also does not support remote on/off. What gives? Seems like the simplest thing you can implement on a piece of home audio gear.

Paul</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>This really sounds strange.
If you have a programmable remote like the pronto you may find this link helpfull: Remote control codes</font>

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Thanks Oldy.

I tried the discreet codes on mt RC5000i remote and it didn't work. I guess if the unit had the capability they would have just put a power button on the remote in the first place.

I know to look out for this in future, I won't be buying another piece of gear without remote power.

Paul</font>

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>My guess is they assumed it would be connected to teh switched outlet of a reciever. &nbsp;Still should have at the least a remote standby mode, if not the proper remote power that's expected anymore.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>BTW, the remote for my Yamaha CD changer also does not have a power button. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis