remote programming for RX-V2400

C

clemmdaddy

Audiophyte
I recently purchased the RX-V2400, and am in the process of programming the remote to operate my satellite receiver. It is an Echostar DVR model 510. I can't find an Echostar in the list of receivers that the unit will operate. Do I need to learn each function individually, or am I just missing something. Everything else programmed fine.

Help!!

Clemmdaddy

J

jzac

Audioholic
Here's your answer - if you haven't found out by now already. Not all model codes will be listed in Yammy's manual. Your RX-V2400 receiver has a learning remote and it can handle pretty much any model and manf. All you have to do is program your RX-V2400 remote to "learn" the power on/off code from Echo-star remote by pointing to it and pressing the on/off button of the Echo Star's remote control... like you would do to program any of the other functions. So once your component button has learned the power on/off you are all set to train the other functions from the Echo star's remote control.

I have the Dish Network too and programmed my RX-V2400 remote to pretty do everything the Dish's remote does. It works wonderfully! Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis