Remote control Code

B

Berliner

Audiophyte
I just purchased a Westinghouse LVM-42w2 42-inch 1080p LCD Monitor and am very happy with it.

I have attempted to get the Satelite remote to turn the LCD Monitor on. I have been unable to determine what the code should be.

In the review at this site the author of the review Clint DeBoer was able to do that. Could he enlighten me on the code value ?

B

Berliner

Audiophyte
Remote control difficulty

I talked with a real person at Bell, who informed me that my new HD receiver control is unable to turn on my new LCD TV. It looks as though the LCD TV is too new to have had it's codes included in the Bell HD receiver remote. That's a real shame. If only they had included a learning function into the remote. (Where you have two remotes pointed towards each other, and they remember codes that way).

I used to think that the numeric codes were recognized by the various control, however, I think now that there is a data base relating the number to some other action taken.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Berliner said:
I used to think that the numeric codes were recognized by the various control, however, I think now that there is a data base relating the number to some other action taken.
Yes, that is how pre-programmed remotes work. The 'setup code' you enter points to a table in memory with details relating to a particular device - such as which IR protocol it recognizes and which number corresponds to a particular function on that device.

For example, One-For-All remotes use setup code 135 for Onkyo receivers and the table says that Onkyo receivers recognize NEC1 or NEC2 IR protocol and 'volume up' is the number 183. Any remote that can send the number 183 using the NEC1 protocol can turn the volume up on an Onkyo receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis