N

Nerve

Enthusiast
As a jumpstart to my new (yet to buy) HT system... I'm looking out for some new reference material to test.

I have Jennifer Warnes (Hunter), which is unbelievable, and few "full digital" /DDD recordings. Like Tracy Chapman and Eric Clapton. :)

Anyone know of everday listening music with an above average recording like the ones I mentioned above, worthy to test low bass, crispness etc.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
As a jumpstart to my new (yet to buy) HT system... I'm looking out for some new reference material to test.

I have Jennifer Warnes (Hunter), which is unbelievable, and few "full digital" /DDD recordings. Like Tracy Chapman and Eric Clapton. :)

Anyone know of everday listening music with an above average recording like the ones I mentioned above, worthy to test low bass, crispness etc.
Any of the Cowboy Junkies CDs, i.e. "Creascent Moon" Tracy Chapman's vinyl version of her self titled album is recorded phenomenally well .. having a very low noise floor and great dynamics.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
While You Are Alive -- Cantus. Incredible choir, incredible clear sound.

This version of the 1812 overture is supposed to be brilliant, I believe the only one recorded with actual full size cannons. Remember reading about it somewhere...

The Raven -- Rebecca Pidgeon. Just go listen to it, and download the 88khz/24bit flac's from the hdtracks website if you're so inclined.

Raising Sand -- Robert Plant and Alison Krauss.

Those are some of my favorites!

S

serenity737

Audioholic Intern
For vocals and soundstage try Mapleshade's "Afterglow" featuring Kendra Shank ... a first rate audiophile recording of live performance at very reasonable cost.

Best,

Mike

N

Nerve

Enthusiast
Thanks guys!!!

Will check around for those artists.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis