Red Dead Redemption 2

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
On a whim, I just read Wayde's review of this video game. I have utterly no interest in video games. I don't own a gaming console. Heck, I don't even play solitaire on my phone. To me, video games are the ultimate time waster. Of course, that's just my personal point of view. What drew me to the review was the commentary on toxic masculinity and the idleness of so many young men who have dropped out of the workforce. This statement jumped out at me as a bit ironic:
It also presents the player with the less popular masculine virtues of hard work and reliability.
While I appreciate the context of what Wayde is saying, I must say, I'm a bit bemused - promoting hard work and reliability through a video game?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
On a whim, I just read Wayde's review of this video game. I have utterly no interest in video games. I don't own a gaming console. Heck, I don't even play solitaire on my phone. To me, video games are the ultimate time waster. Of course, that's just my personal point of view. What drew me to the review was the commentary on toxic masculinity and the idleness of so many young men who have dropped out of the workforce. This statement jumped out at me as a bit ironic:

While I appreciate the context of what Wayde is saying, I must say, I'm a bit bemused - promoting hard work and reliability through a video game?
While I don't disagree that video games are a time-waster, they are not the ultimate time waster, and far from that, in my view. Playing video games are not at all productive, but so long as you are enjoying yourself, that is something. The ultimate time wasters are activities that are neither productive and not even enjoyable.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
While I don't disagree that video games are a time-waster, they are not the ultimate time waster, and far from that, in my view. Playing video games are not at all productive, but so long as you are enjoying yourself, that is something. The ultimate time wasters are activities that are neither productive and not even enjoyable.
I suppose "ultimate" would be an exaggeration. Point taken.

GrimSurfer

GrimSurfer

Senior Audioholic
RDR2 is a pretty cool game. The graphics are amazing and the story line is engaging.

Having completed the game, I found that it's central message is that there are no winners and no losers in life. We all end up in the same place. The only difference is in how we get there and what our reputation is when we do.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis