Red Cliff Parts I & II

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
With my system, over cooked bass is the norm :p.

To be honest (I have to say that cause I so seldom am), I was told the LPCM audio track was better and my fried out old brain did the rest. :)
Dang it now I feel like Hugh Jackman from The Prestiege...."How does he not know!!!????"

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Interesting forensic breakdown of CG there Sensi. I agree the 1000 boats scene was obvious CG but I thought it was rather well done anyway. I feel fortunate to not have your critical eye for such things. Makes it easier to just watch and enjoy ;).

Also despite being 288 minutes, I enjoyed just about all of them. I felt the cinematography, characters and costuming were top notch. Actually I had a problem with the tiger hunt segment (not very convincing) but otherwise, the film had me the whole way.
Well, full disclosure, rendering is part of my dayjob, so I'm hypersensitive. So, yeah, I can sit there and rip apart other peoples work...but the truth is I appreciate how hard it is and that sometimes there isn't the budget for it, or even the time. Like, for example, that boat scene we are talking about, well done, could take a few weeks to model, then a few weeks to animate, then the lighting can take a while, then a few weeks on a rendering cluster (day and night), then pray that comes out well, and then post process. It's a huge job. I usually don't become to critical, only time I notice it is when the rest of a movie is really well done and then they let some bad CG get through.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis