Record Store Day April 23, 2022!! What are you getting? R U Going? (In the U.S.)

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Just a few weeks ago on a Saturday I went to 6 record stores across 3 counties and spent around $1400 on records. It was a one time splurge and mostly to fill the void I felt picking up my dads ashes that morning so don't give me poop about wasting money on vinyl. We had that together and yeah, it was still a stupid thing to do but I love having all these cool records. I found one from a band I use to listen to in the 80's in a special edition gatefold with 180gm gold vinyl. It blew my mind and what was even more amazing, in that record was an additional 45 of a track from a live show that I actually was at! It's these little things that make record collecting special.

I pretty much shot my load for the year and will be passing on this years Record Store Day event. I was planning to go to some other stores but luckily, they posted the offerenings online here: Record Store Day and list all the special releases for that day. I didn't see anything new I wanted and decided to sit it out. Is anyone into this? You see anything on the list you have to have?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just saw that this morning. The U2 club sent an email that said they're doing a 40th anniversary release of "A Celebration" with two unreleased tracks. I might be interested in that even though I don't have a turntable currently. I still have my old Vinyl.

Robert Fripp / King Crimson are releasing a huge limited box set which includes DVD-A, BD and Vinyl from their catalog. That might be pretty pricey.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I used to go to the RS days, but it just seemed like they started getting too crowded for my liking....I don't need a special day to go to the record shop! Dang, I don't think I could do 6 stores in a single day, maybe 2. Around central tx, I like Half Price Books, I have found a few gems in there for a steal.

This is my best find from previous RSDs! I am a huge FEAR / Lee Ving fan. My copy is still new/sealed.

I also posted this in the vinyl news thread, but this is coming up pretty soon. It has been years since I have attended, and may go this year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis