Recommendations on three subwoofer brands for Magnepan

E

elf1

Enthusiast
I am interested in opinions on subwoofers to blend with Magnepan speakers. I am considering Rythmik L12, F12, svs 1000, 2000 or Jl e110. The subs will be used for music only. I would like to use two subs if price allows. Is th Jl e110 worth twice the price? While my room is 24 x 19, my listening area is smaller. Also I am limited on space and placement of subs.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that use any of these subs.

Elf1

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Rythmik seems the most popular option with Magnepans (I don't know this as a fact, just gleened from reading posts about Maggie owners looking for subs.
Call them and ask about what they would recommend. I feel confident the F12 is a safe choice, but L12 might work for you and save money.
I would avoid the JL Audio e110. It is a truly impressive sub for its size, but unless you absolutely have to have a very compact sub, you can get similar performance in a somewhat larger sub for a lot less.
Is it mainly for music or HT?

E

elf1

Enthusiast
Thanks Kurt for your thoughts. I will use the subs for music only. Since my system is in my living room I am limited for space. I am testing two Rythmik L12's at this time. I spoke to Rythmik about stepping up to F12. They didn't think I would hear much difference ( honest advice ). Because of my large room 24 x 19, they suggested F15's. Unfortunately I do not have the space.
So far I am pleased with the L12's.
Thanks again
Elf1

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis