Recommendations for 11.2 channel AVR with specific needs

B

bomt697

Junior Audioholic
Hello, I am looking to have a 7.2.4 set up when all said and done (will be speakers over next 1-1.5 years) and looking for recommendations on a AVR that has 11.2 channel (+/- extra preout channels) that has:
1. HDMI 2.1
2. Ability to use a mix of preamp outputs and internal power amplifier on a channel by channel basis

I have a external Emotiva 5ch 250 watt amp that I would like to use fully

I understand the Denon 8500H fits this, but outside my budget.
Budget is up to $2500

Please advise, thank you

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Hi,

Do you want it to process 11 channels + LFE mostly, or do you want it to process and amplify 11 channels with the AVR? There's models that process 11 channels but amplify 9 channels and have a full suite of pre-amp output and the user can expand by supplying their own discreet amplifier. If your goal is just to use amplifiers anyways, then you could get one of these models (9 channel, but processes 11) instead of having to pay the huge upmark to get the 11 channel processors that also amplify all 11 channels (it goes from $1200 to $2000 immediately it seems just for that). Or do you want the AVR to have the ability to amplify all 11 channels itself?

Example:

Very best,

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, one step below the X8500 would be the Denon X6700, then X4700. Also the Yamaha RX-A3080.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis