Recommendation for a sub

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Hello All,

Right now, I am using an Energy S8.2 sub. I use a Yahmaha RXV2500 as a preamp to an HK amp. My Speakers are the Infinity crescendo. I am looking for a tight, very accuarate, musical sub. I am not interested something that will shake my house. Tight and musically accurate is what I am looking for. Does anyboby have any suggestions? And Oh yeah.............. money is an object. Thank you

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
purple haze said:
Hello All,

Right now, I am using an Energy S8.2 sub. I use a Yahmaha RXV2500 as a preamp to an HK amp. My Speakers are the Infinity crescendo. I am looking for a tight, very accuarate, musical sub. I am not interested something that will shake my house. Tight and musically accurate is what I am looking for. Does anyboby have any suggestions? And Oh yeah.............. money is an object. Thank you

So how much do you want to spend?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, when you say money is an object, it usually is helpfull if you let people know how much money that might be.

You might take a look at the HSU Research VTF-3 MkII or the Adire Audio Rava II.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
...or the Hsu VTF-2 or STF-1. Jaxvon will verify the musicality of the STF-1...it's outstanding. It just won't knock your roof off. With these you're looking at $499 or $299 (new...don't forget used).

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks, I was looking to spend no more then $650.

J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
A musical sub is a just a sub that can't go low. Take a look at this sub (SVS 20-39PCi $599) I have its pc-plus brother and it is amazing I use it for both music and movies. It is very accurate, loud, and tight. You can change the freq. to 25hz if you don't want it to shake your house as much. You will be losing what the music was meant to sound like by doing so because the sub will only play what the artist put on the music. I really suggest going with either a svs or hsu because they are a 4th of the cost of a sub you could buy in a store.

brian32672

brian32672

Banned
jmgillespie said:
A musical sub is a just a sub that can't go low.
Uhmm, I don't know about that statement......
The one I had recommended will hit a 20hz signal, and easily be loud at a 30hz signal (106db). And is geared more for music over HT.

Take a look at this sub (SVS 20-39PCi $599)
EDIT::Also so Purple Haze knows, that SVS sub recommendation above is a cylinder sub, and is quite tall. Great sub, but also a tad over your price range. 599.00 and I beleive its 100.00 shipping.
700.00 total, but it has had good reviews.

Last edited:
J

jmgillespie

Junior Audioholic
Shipping is actually only $23.40 flat rate. He doesn't say anything about size specifications so it being tall does not matter. Also my statement about a sub that goes low is musical too is true. A bigger sub like a 15" would be less musical in the sense that it would not be as tight.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis