J

Joseman37

Audioholic Intern
Would anyone recommend these banana plugs?
Screenshot_20200309-084508_Amazon Shopping.jpg

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
Yeah, you shouldn't have any issues with these. As shipperybidness said they look like Sewell clones or possibly Nakamichi clones. They look like your standard banana plug with dual set screws. The only concern I would have is what the diameter of your wire is. If you are trying to max out on the diameter the plug says it can accommodate, then often times getting the silver cover over the set screws can be difficult.

James

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Yeah, you shouldn't have any issues with these. As shipperybidness said they look like Sewell clones or possibly Nakamichi clones. They look like your standard banana plug with dual set screws. The only concern I would have is what the diameter of your wire is. If you are trying to max out on the diameter the plug says it can accommodate, then often times getting the silver cover over the set screws can be difficult.

James
I had that problem with Monoprice Infinity plugs today.

afford-hifi

afford-hifi

Junior Audioholic
I had that problem with Monoprice Infinity plugs today.
Yep... Unfortunately this is a very common problem with this type of plug. Generally speaking if you are running 12 gage you will be fine. If you start running larger than that you may have some issues.

James

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yep... Unfortunately this is a very common problem with this type of plug. Generally speaking if you are running 12 gage you will be fine. If you start running larger than that you may have some issues.

James
Agreed. I found 12 gauge to just barely work, a bit difficult to work the jacket on there, but it did work fine.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've got tons of 12g in the Sewell Silverbacks, never even close to an issue with fit. No extra jacketing on the 12g, tho to make it anywhere near a tight fit....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've got tons of 12g in the Sewell Silverbacks, never even close to an issue with fit. No extra jacketing on the 12g, tho to make it anywhere near a tight fit....
My mistake.....slight mistake.

I was most recently using the 90 degree variety, and the outer jacket goes onto those from the opposite end as compared to the straight variety (i.e. you have to put the jacket on, push it down the wire, install the plug, then feed the jacket back up and on there to thread it on).

I found the 12 awg to be a bit of finagling to get the jacket on there to get to its threads properly. Not bad, just a little more difficult than I expected.

I did that only for my speaker end, the other end is using a different style for the straight cxn. I've mentioned before, there is a different style that I prefer a little over the silverbacks.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I bought these and never had an issue:
Those are 3rd on my list of preferences. I do like that they are quick and easy and you can piggyback on them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis