Recommend sub for Energy RC-Micro 5.0 w/ Pioneer vsx-1121-k

M

Marino24

Audiophyte
I'm a Home Theater noob so I need some help!!!

I just bought the Energy RC-Micro 5.0 speaker set for my home theater (85% movies and 15% music) along with a pioneer vsx-1121-k to fill an open area 16'x12'x9' with wood laminate floors (wide 4' opening in back corner leads to living room, no door to close). I'm looking for a sub in the $200-$300 range...i'm really leaning towards the BIC PL-200 I saw it recently go on sale to $250(didn't pull the trigger the first time) I'm looking for a good bang for buck deal while trying to keep it a decent quality sub. I first thought the BIC F12 would be fine for $188 but a few detailed reviews I read made me want to spend a little more money for deeper/cleaner bass. One thing i'm keeping in mind is that the Energy Micro's only go down to 150hz so i'm looking for subs that go above that...or should I not be?

What would you recommend if you had to get a sub in the $200-$300 price range for my setup?? If I see the BIC PL-200 for $250 again do I jump on it??

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, I do have the PL200, and I think it is great for $275. But if I went back in time, I would get the Rythmik FV12 for $500.:D

M

Marino24

Audiophyte
the rythmik fv12 is a almost double my price range :eek: and i gotta keep it in budget...i was also wondering if front or rear ported makes a difference since I will have the sub basically pinned against the wall whether in the corner or next to the TV.

I can't find much info on the canton as65 which i tend to shy away from

Any info on the Lava LSP12? looked at that one because its ported in the front

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Best thing is to buy from a place like Amazon direct that allows 30 day free shipping return policy.

All the specs and opinions in the world won't guarantee how good they will sound in your room.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
couple more subs to consider:
Amazon.com: Boston Acoustics Classic Series CPS10Wi Wireless Ready Powered Woofer (Cherry): Electronics
Boston Acoustics CPS 12Wi Black 12-inch Wireless Ready Subwoofer, In Stock at OneCall.com

I know the later is out of you price point a bit, but with larger 12" driver and beefy amp - it has good amount of power.

However if you interested going diy route:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/diy-corner-tips-techniques/78575-modeled-infinty-reference-1260w.html

This one would easily have the best performance what any other sub at your price point.

B

bilesteve

Enthusiast
Go to Vann's website

and snag one of the Energy Veritas subwoofers on clearance, you will find them to be a bang for the buck bargain.

caper26

caper26

Full Audioholic
Energy s10.3 for $250 (newegg I believe with promo) sometimes on for 199

jinjuku

jinjuku

Does anyone have Amazon prime? Is it worth it you think?
I use Prime for my business. It is worth it due to the volume we do. You can also add additional addresses for shipping. Makes it nice for sending B-Day and Holiday gifts (or just when you want to be nice) gifts to relatives and friends.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I use Prime for my business. It is worth it due to the volume we do. You can also add additional addresses for shipping. Makes it nice for sending B-Day and Holiday gifts (or just when you want to be nice) gifts to relatives and friends.
I completely agree. I use it for personal purchases, but...it's worth it due to the volume I do. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis