B

bosco_62

Audiophyte
Hey, I have between $400-$600.00 and I want no smaller than a 12" sub. What sub or brands do you guys recommend?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

It's hard to go wrong with Hsu Research. They make some great subs in your price range. SVS makes very good subs, too. I think there's a link to them from AH. Velodyne is a solid brand, as is Def Tech & Paradigm. Axiom & Outlaw make nice subs, the latter being designed as a collaboration with Dr. Hsu. Lastly, the Rocket line by AV123 are stunning looking subs that perform well, and the cabinetry to incredible at the price.

I wouldn't rule out buying used, either.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
What size is your room? What are you listening tastes?

SheepStar

E

Ern Dog

Audioholic Intern
I've got a Mirage S12 sub, which goes very very low- the specs say 18hz! SVS has a Huge following as you probably noticed & HSU as well. SVS is only an online company that just manufactures subs- nothin' else. So they are able to offer very good prices because there is not much over-head. The only down side is that you can't go to a store and audition them. But, I've heard that they offer a 30-day return policy if you don't like the sub.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Ern Dog said:
I've got a Mirage S12 sub, which goes very very low- the specs say 18hz! SVS has a Huge following as you probably noticed & HSU as well. SVS is only an online company that just manufactures subs- nothin' else. So they are able to offer very good prices because there is not much over-head. The only down side is that you can't go to a store and audition them. But, I've heard that they offer a 30-day return policy if you don't like the sub.
Mmmm, Gunna hav-ta disagree there. They make speakers as well, and they are sold in stores, in Europe(I think).

SheepStar

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
SVS just started mfg. their drivers, but for the most part, simply design and assemble the subwoofers. The amps and boxes are imported to their shop in Girard, Ohio. SVS has a showroom where you can demo what they sell.

I'm almost certain the Mirage S12 is discontinued. Is anyone even selling that sub any longer? FWIW, that sub did not extent down to 18Hz. But it was a good deal at Vanns while it lasted.

H

Herr D

Junior Audioholic
I'm looking to buy a sub as well and I was wondering what you guys think of REL?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis