Receiver/pre-amp with HDMI pass-through when not powered?

J

Jack Dotson

Audioholic Intern
I have an Integra DTR 7.8 which I'm very happy with. However, I want to be able to run a single HDMI cable to my TV and run my source components to my receiver. Of course I can do this, but the problem is the receiver has to be on to pass the signal. I'd like to be able to watch TV with the cable box at time without having to power on my receiver.

Do you guys know of a receiver or pre-amp/processor that will pass the signal when powered off?

Thanks.

D

Digi

Audioholic Intern
Any of the new Yamaha's in the Aventage lineup will do it. It's nice not to have to watch TV with it on (although I end up keeping it on many times). You can also control volume w/ DVR remote as well when both are running.

I have an Integra DTR 7.8 which I'm very happy with. However, I want to be able to run a single HDMI cable to my TV and run my source components to my receiver. Of course I can do this, but the problem is the receiver has to be on to pass the signal. I'd like to be able to watch TV with the cable box at time without having to power on my receiver.

Do you guys know of a receiver or pre-amp/processor that will pass the signal when powered off?

Thanks.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Also, at least the Denon 2311 and up are capable. A cheap alternative for TV viewing would be to just run additional Component video/analog stereo connections.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis