I

Ian Hanright

Audiophyte
receiver buying help

Purchased Klipsch quintet plus Klipsch 10 inch sub. Great deal, half price, will suite my needs for entry level speakers. Because of Canadian prices I am looking at Pioneer vs-x 815k $399.00 or Yamaha rx-v457. My local dealer has no 457 in stock. will sell rx-v557 for same price of $489.00. As a newb, I like the pioneer for ease of set up. Neither dealer carries the Klipschs to compare recievers. Any help to decide appreciated.

Last edited:
K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
Being a klipsch owner myslef, I ahve always felt that the Yammys go better with the Klipsch horn loaded tweeters. Personally, i also feel that Yamaha makes a better product than Pioneer. Then again, the decision is up to you.

Doug917

Doug917

Full Audioholic
I run a Yamaha 2500 with Klipsch speakers and love the results. I would consider Yamaha to be above Pioneer, especially when it comes to DSP modes. All of Pioneer's are useless, while Yammy has some pretty nice ones.

H

Haileysdad

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,newbie I would like to build a new ht system and dont wanna spend a ton,but have some money.Have decent size living room 18x18'.Going to buy new sony 70 qualia tv,and want to get a decent receiver,approx 700-1300 bucks,and I have a set of bw speakers,rears,fronts and center with subwoofer?speakers small and about 6 years old Want to have great movie sound speakers I would like to spend between 500-1500 not including sub,and need a great dvd player.have been reading ABOUT THE DENNON 3805,the rvx,and some Harmon ks,please point me in the right direction,also have direct tv hd with tivo.No laughing,tia

B

BobbyT

Junior Audioholic
I have a Yamaha 5760 with Klipsch and love it. I also have a 4600 on order and will love it even more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis