Receiver for Dali Opticon 6 + Dali Sub E-12F

P

PFF

Audiophyte
Hi AHS,
First time posting here, so I hope it's the right place to ask this. My old Onkyo TX-NR609 is ready to be retired.
I'm having trouble though, with finding a new receiver that I should invest in. As the title states, I got a pair of Dali Opticon 6 and a Dali Sub E-12F currently. I will be adding an Opticon center and some rear speakers at some point.
I will be using it for 60/40 Movies/Music. Mostly 4K movies, but I will be looking to add a Ps5 at some point, so I think it would be wiser to probably go for 4K/120hz compatibility, I guess?
I don't want to spend more than $1500.
Can you guide me? Thank you.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Depending on your goals and aspirations for your system, you could consider something like the Denon 4500, too, still available new.

In terms of performance, you can always deep dive into reviews on ASR and the like... but more than anything else, familiarize yourself with what they offer. If there are things/features you want, search them out. Look at the usability and ergonomics of the receivers (granted with Denon you won't find much differences from one to the next at the newer 3x00 and 4x00 level).

Perhaps something like this may help:

P

PFF

Audiophyte
Depending on your goals and aspirations for your system, you could consider something like the Denon 4500, too, still available new.

In terms of performance, you can always deep dive into reviews on ASR and the like... but more than anything else, familiarize yourself with what they offer. If there are things/features you want, search them out. Look at the usability and ergonomics of the receivers (granted with Denon you won't find much differences from one to the next at the newer 3x00 and 4x00 level).

Perhaps something like this may help:
Thank you. I 'll try and take a look :)

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
In My Opinion I would go with the Denon 3700 and a 2-channel or monoblock amps to run the main left and right speakers because they are 4 Ohms and will dip below that that's just my thoughts and what I would do to still stay within your budget.

Keep in mind both the Denon 3700 and 4700 are more than capable of running your speakers. They are both 4 ohm stable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis