Receiver and Speaker compatibility

W

Wearefeeney

Audiophyte
Would Yamaha RX-V6A work better with Klipsch RF-820 (front), R34c, RF 51 (rears) and using klipsch RF 12" 400watts powered sub. Currently using Yamaha RX-V485 receiver. Is it worth the upgrade to RX-V6A? Room is approx 12x19

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
You would have a lot more HDMI inputs plus Atmos, DTS-X, 100 x 2 into 8 Ohms. Your AVR is only a 5.1 plus its close to 3 years old. Check out the TSR-700 its the same as the V6A but 200 bucks less.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
How do you define work better? The newer avr has more features but only a small bit more power of 20wpc but that's just 1 dB difference....

W

Wearefeeney

Audiophyte
By better I guess get the most out of the speakers? It's sounds good now but wondering if it could be better

W

Wearefeeney

Audiophyte
Also eight now to really open up the speakers it has to be cranked up to 60. How much of a difference would that 1db be in volume?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
By better I guess get the most out of the speakers? It's sounds good now but wondering if it could be better
Just changing avr, especially within the brand (as generally same dsp), not particularly. Easier to get better sound by changing speakers rather than electronics for the most part. Or perhaps doing something acoustically with what you have and your room particularly...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Also eight now to really open up the speakers it has to be cranked up to 60. How much of a difference would that 1db be in volume?
If you're using a dB based volume dial as I believe you are, from 60 to 61.

W

Wearefeeney

Audiophyte
What would difference in volume beat 60 with 80 watts per ch and 60 at 100 watts per ch?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What would difference in volume beat 60 with 80 watts per ch and 60 at 100 watts per ch?
Uh, just change the volume from 60 to 61 for an example at normal volume use....perhaps at an extreme it could make a tiny difference (at least based on that spec alone)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis