Receiver/AMP for Outdoor System

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I am redo'ing my outdoor system. I have 2 outdoor 6.5s and a couple in ground speakers by a pool and am putting up a 3rd or 4th 5.5 or 6.5 to really envelop the back yard.

Just bought 2 Klipsch AW-650s to replace Polk Atrium 450s. I'll either use the 450s for the other 2 spots I have in mind or I'll buy more of the Klipsch outdoors to match (maybe 525's)

Anyways, question is this. I am presently using an Old Sony STR-DG500 AVR which coincidently I bought a long time back for this very purpose. Going to run it in Multi-Stereo mode so that signal plays from each speaker. This AVR is 110WPC assuming 2 channels driven. I'm going to run 5-6 channels concurrently. I have a streaming DAC that I picked up on a slick deal that's pretty good. Great bluetooth range and the SQ is good and that connects via digital optical.

Would I benefit much from perhaps finding an older AVR used that was more of a flagship with more power. I say old because I don't need HDMI or 4K, etc. but maybe I can get one that had much more power with a stronger AMP section from someone who knows that there is not as much value without the latest features and might sell for $100 for example.

OR, is the likely difference in power so slight that I wouldn't notice much improvement? I know the adding an extra 40-50WPC might only be worth a few DBs if I've read correctly.

Welcome any thoughts/recommendations

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
Also, in the sprit of getting and OLD Flagship receiver to use to power outside All Channel Stereo, what do you think about this one for $75? Or would it just be marginally better than my other OLD Sony receiver with a lessor AMP section?

Denon AVR-5600 Home Theater Receiver

1651246610737.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis