Rear surround height and width in vaulted ceiling

W

webharvest

Audiophyte
I have a living room that 20’x24’. The ceiling is vaulted from either side of the long wall up to the peak which is approximately 13-14’. The TV is mounted on one end of the 20’ wide walls and I plan to use a sound bar for the fronts. The seating area is on the other end maybe 22’ away. I’m going to mount the rear surround speakers behind the seating area. I’m curious how wide apart should I make the rear speakers and how high up the wall? Could I mount them high like 8’ or higher and just angle them down or should mount them at the same height as the sound bar/ear height?

thank you for any help/guidance you can give.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
5.1 or 7.1? Your worried about Surrounds but your running a Sound Bar as Mains???

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a living room that 20’x24’. The ceiling is vaulted from either side of the long wall up to the peak which is approximately 13-14’. The TV is mounted on one end of the 20’ wide walls and I plan to use a sound bar for the fronts. The seating area is on the other end maybe 22’ away. I’m going to mount the rear surround speakers behind the seating area. I’m curious how wide apart should I make the rear speakers and how high up the wall? Could I mount them high like 8’ or higher and just angle them down or should mount them at the same height as the sound bar/ear height?

thank you for any help/guidance you can give.
That space is far too big for a sound bar. You need "Big Boy" speakers. For surrounds pt the tweeters 5' above the floor.

W

webharvest

Audiophyte
5.1 or 7.1? Your worried about Surrounds but your running a Sound Bar as Mains???
It will be 5.1. I was going to have a local shop setup the sound bar so I can hear it. I haven’t used a sound bar before but was thinking the more expensive ones might be worth it these days given the technology and appearance.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
I haven’t used a sound bar before but was thinking the more expensive ones might be worth it these days given the technology and appearance.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa No. Traditional Bookshelf or Floorstanders will be far superior in Sound Quality

Even something like these would sound better

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It will be 5.1. I was going to have a local shop setup the sound bar so I can hear it. I haven’t used a sound bar before but was thinking the more expensive ones might be worth it these days given the technology and appearance.
Forget the technology, that is all marketer's fantasy from deep in their backsides. The laws of physics are immutable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis