Rear surround advise please

C

Chornet44

Enthusiast
Room 15’ long x 12’ wide
L/R Dayton T652 air
Center Dayton 452 air
Sub Klipsch SW-450

My tv is front center of room, my couch is back center of room against the back wall. I could move it forward about a foot but no more. Where should I put my rear surrounds, directly to the side facing the couch, against the wall or corner facing center of room, beside me facing front wall, or in ceiling or on ceiling facing somewhere? Here are a few pictures I found showing options, what is best, no pictures of ceiling but that is an option.
FB938035-A2C0-42CB-8628-9412DB331D2E.png
6640618D-0374-479A-B2B5-5C0B07A269DA.png
A9B9D372-45A7-4D03-AD9A-DC3231A7767F.png

Last edited:
nbk13nw

nbk13nw

Full Audioholic
I would say either directly beside facing the listening position or slightly back on the side facing the main listening position. Which ever works best for you.

C

Chornet44

Enthusiast
Either way they are only going to be around 5’ away, is that a problem? Should they still be eat level, or mounted on wall above head height?

Should I go with something like the 652s I have in front or something smaller because it is so close?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would use a combination of the middle and last picture. Move the couch ahead, and put them behind, and to the sides but aiming them in front of the couch. If not doing atmos in the future, also mount them 5-6’ off the ground aimed slightly down and forward

C

Chornet44

Enthusiast
I would use a combination of the middle and last picture. Move the couch ahead, and put them behind, and to the sides but aiming them in front of the couch. If not doing atmos in the future, also mount them 5-6’ off the ground aimed slightly down and forward
That sounds good to me. Now, the fronts I ha e the towers with 2 drivers(T652 air) should I go with the single drive 652 air for the rear or something even smaller like the b452 air?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis