Rear speaker advice

S

Saudio

Audiophyte
I have a marantz sr6013 reciever and a pair of Martin logo motion 60 floorstanding speakers as my fronts. I was wondering if I should get svs prime or nht superzero 2.1 minis for my rear speakers. Also need advice on a decent center to pair with the Martin's in front without spending 1000.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
FWIW they wouldn't be rear speakers until you go to 7ch, they're just "surrounds" in 5 ch (and don't belong in the position rear surrounds do).

I'd think either of those would work as surrounds, as would many others (I often just have used whatever speakers I have left over from previous incarnations, true trickle down :) ). More critical to match your L/R with a center, so biting the bullet some more with LM centers may be the best route there.

S

Saudio

Audiophyte
FWIW they wouldn't be rear speakers until you go to 7ch, they're just "surrounds" in 5 ch (and don't belong in the position rear surrounds do).

I'd think either of those would work as surrounds, as would many others (I often just have used whatever speakers I have left over from previous incarnations, true trickle down :) ). More critical to match your L/R with a center, so biting the bullet some more with LM centers may be the best route there.

Thanks for the advice. I'm new to the home theater game. And don't want to waste time or money on any components. I lucked out and scored the motion 60s and the reciever for 1500 out the door. Just want to pair them with something that sounds nice. I've read that matching front L/R with the same brand and series center is the way to go.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Try this for speaker positioning https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/surround-sound-speaker-setup/5-1-setup.htmlh

A good center wouldn't be a waste, particularly for movies. You can get away with much lesser speakers for surrounds by comparison, especially when the budget is thin. Altho having the same speakers all around is pretty nice, or at least close from the same brand/lineup....

Might consider used speakers to save some coin....

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
NHT superzeros have worked great for me in surround duty for years.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis