Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
You must master the kung fu of the overlord procrastinator.:cool:
Indeed, indeed. I was mad when my dad got it for $1130 with the free blu-ray player a few months later too. :D

Of course, if I didn't know better I would have bought the '10 model (the AVR-4310) for an extra $750 and a few (mostly) useless additions like ProLogic IIz.

Adam, that price is awesome even if you don't get the feature upgrade for free - but my guess is that you still could. Even though the Denon site still has the ad up, it says you have to buy before April 30, but I wouldn't be surprised if it still works.

I had to send in a damned rebate form and wait a month for mine, but when my dad bought his he just had to fill out a little online form and was instantly able to upgrade. Jerks! ;)

EDIT: Wait a minute... Are we even allowed to talk sweet, sweet audio on this thread?

EDIT 2: Oh yeah this is just the official Audioholics chat room. I've been dormant so long I don't even know what the hell is going on! :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I just got back home... I hope I tippped the cabby ok... tee time in 4.5 hours.. got to get SOME sleep... F&*%

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I thought about changing locks but i don't think the person who found them knows who i am and where i live or where i work so i don't think i will.
very very very oooooooooooooooooouch..... but still an understatement :eek::eek::eek:

As long as there's nothing on the keys to identify your house or where you live you should be safe, I reckon.

Life goes on, sit down and enjoy the music :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
My brother has a pair of these shoes (which style, I don't know) and some of these socks. He was telling me that the store carried those socks in a rainbow-colored version (which he didn't get), and I instantly thought of Alex and Rick. :)

These will be the next flip flop. Mark my words. :D

Do you call your brother... "The Armani guy" :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As a consolation, I offer that that is also a lower price that P.Dawg got on his 3808.:cool:
Yeah, but he probably also got a happy ending. He gets a better deal on everything. :)

You must master the kung fu of the overlord procrastinator.:cool:
Yeah, but it might have hurt me because...
...my dad got it for $1130 with the free blu-ray player a few months later too. :D
And I missed that deal.

I'll check with them to see if the rebate is still valid, seeing as how it's posted but expired months ago (I was seeing that last night, too).

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
Mornin' all. How is everyone this fine Sunday?

Heading to work for now... gotta go pick up a vehicle today, also. Recv'ing an old truck for some extra work purposes.

I really enjoy this bluetooth tethering feature... I can be in the parking lot of the grocery store and post on the forums from my laptop!!! :D

Enjoy your Sunday, all!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I really enjoy this bluetooth tethering feature... I can be in the parking lot of the grocery store and post on the forums from my laptop!!! :D
You're posting from the grocery store? Your life makes me sad.

[Well, in that you have more of one than I do because you're apparently outside of the house. :D]

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Exciting things going on in the Highland theater today.:D

Screen is up as of yesterday morning. I now just have to tweak the drop height and align my projector and we will be seeing 84" of HD glory later today.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Screen is up as of yesterday morning. I now just have to tweak the drop height and align my projector and we will be seeing 84" of HD glory later today.:D
Awesome!!! I am jealous. I'll be all excited next weekend when my TV arrives, but I still won't have 84" of glory.

Do you already have your viewing material picked out?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
It is either going to be Cars or Ratatouille. I'm letting my daughter pick.

My wife just left for a week to do some training class on blood splatter analysis:eek: so it will just be the kid and I for the first official viewing.

I'm a moron because I did not a) take pics of the actual install and with the drop ceiling there is no way I'm pulling things apart again and b) my wife left with the camera so any pics I take will be with my kids and that may be worse than none at all.

Thanks and I'm off to start working on the screen.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My wife just left for a week to do some training class on blood splatter analysis:eek:...
:eek: is right! She's taking a class on blood splatter analysis after you bought that center channel without asking? She might be trying to figure out how to beat the system. Hide the ice pick. :p

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
...My wife just left for a week to do some training class on blood splatter analysis...
Most blood spatter analysts are serial killers of bad guys, just like Dexter, so just be aware that she might be living two lives, the other one being a serial killer of bad guys.

If this is the case, let her know it is good to have someone cleaning up bad guys, and that she has my thanks and full support. ;)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The worst part is watching CSI with her. Its not so much that everything is made up but more how long it takes to do things and how they dress when they go to a crime scene.:rolleyes:

Oh and by the way she is not in law enforcement. She's just teaching our serial killers of tomorrow.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis