Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It's telling that I don't like jazz but still spin Miles Davis about once a year and am always willing to give Diana Krall a listen to see if my tastes have changed. I'm open minded about music. But my squelching namesake bleating into a mic is like a starter's pistol indicating that the volume control is the finish line. Man, I've even got a Bones, Thugs and Harmony CD that I'll play every so often ... one Garth Brooks one too, but never Rush. Odd.
Allow me to summarize:
Blah...blah...blah.

Odd.
Yes. Yes you are.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just noticing the title....are there equally long threads for i and ii versions? WTF!? :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I replaced my snapped E brake cable after work today.

Fun never ends. Tomorrow is the end of another pointless week.

Make it stop.

MaxInValrico

MaxInValrico

Senior Audioholic
I replaced my snapped E brake cable after work today.

Fun never ends. Tomorrow is the end of another pointless week.

Make it stop.
Kudos, now it won't look like your tampon string is hanging out below your vehicle.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I just checked to see if Adam was still around too, but seems like this was his last post 5 years ago!!!

quote- I wouldn't be surprised if this forum wasn't still around in 2021, or at least worth posting on anymore.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Figured this would be a good place as any to share my latest frugality/home improvement project.
We have a nice (but a bit older) floor lamp with two lights in it. One on top is 300w halogen rated for 5000 lumens. Clearly, it's very bright and very electricity hungry. Come winter shorter days I've noticed that lamp was getting much more frequent use.
I got stuck for a while trying to address until I found this LED bulb: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8XHBP8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00
Bought it (a pair) for$30 this BF. It's slightly up now at $34 (after coupon) per pair now.
I can attest that 4000 lumens aren't an empty number - it's very bright indeed. Moved the old floor lamp to a rarely used guest bedroom.
The kicker is this new LED bulb is only using 27W vs 300W on the old halogen crap, less a tenth of the power.
There are more powerful LED bulbs, but most of them are too big to fit regular floor lamps.

Last edited:
NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I replaced all the in ceiling can lights in my old place with LED bulbs. The difference in heat output was quite noticeable. I've been sold on them ever since. When we moved to IL I replaced every bulb with an LED bulb. That was 3.5 years ago. I've only had one burnout just about 2 weeks ago.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
@NINaudio Well, I basically was sold on LED a long time ago. I replaced 99% incandescent bulbs, very few still CFL, but most are LED, including one in microwave over-the-range working light and inside the refrigerator.
The real issue is most plain vanilla LED bulbs actually aren't that bright. 1k Lumens is the most you could get in a typical E26 A19 bulb (ie: same size and socket as most common household bulb). What was surprising part to me was that I was able to buy for not much money ($15 per bulb) a light bulb which isn't much bigger than the A19 size which is FOUR times brighter.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I replaced all the in ceiling can lights in my old place with LED bulbs. The difference in heat output was quite noticeable. I've been sold on them ever since. When we moved to IL I replaced every bulb with an LED bulb. That was 3.5 years ago. I've only had one burnout just about 2 weeks ago.
I like LED bulbs too, but there are a LOT of garbage brands out there. The cheapo bulbs at Home Depot are terrible and only lasted me a year. Trial and error have gotten me to a brand called Sunco that is been pretty good so far.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I like LED bulbs too, but there are a LOT of garbage brands out there. The cheapo bulbs at Home Depot are terrible and only lasted me a year. Trial and error have gotten me to a brand called Sunco that is been pretty good so far.
I usually use GE, Philips, and/or Cree

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
Light bulbs don’t matter. I’m sitting here in the dark because I got rear ended on the way in to work today. Some electrician in the company car probably on his cell and didn’t notice the traffic had come to a stop on I-270. Mostly fender damage. I got a stiff neck and a mild concussion. So now I get a couple of days off to sit in darkness and be bored. Could have been worse all in all.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis